Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Digimon

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed May 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Regarding the Adventure thru Tamers manga by Tokyopop, I only own book 4 of Adventure. I wanted the rest of it, but never got around to purchasing them when they were out (and when I did get around to it, they were no longer for sale :(). And, yes, Frontier's manga still remains unreleased in English.

Bummer dude. The Adventure Manga was pretty good, and I even liked Tamer's manga (considering I barely watched Tamers' series, it was a pretty awesome experience, lol). Adventure was kinda crazy though; Myotismon actually, like, eats people at stuff. There's a part where he's legitimately holding a severed head after eating. It caught me off guard, admittedly. It just wasn't something I was expecting in Digimon.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 12, 2010 11:20 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:Adventure was kinda crazy though; Myotismon actually, like, eats people at stuff. There's a part where he's legitimately holding a severed head after eating. It caught me off guard, admittedly. It just wasn't something I was expecting in Digimon.
Yikes! Though, that may have been due to the Adventure/02/Tamers manga having been written by a different person than the anime staff. It was actually done by someone named Yen Wong Wu. And now that I think about it, to even call it a manga would be slightly incorrect because it is not of Japanese origin, but of Chinese origin instead. Thus, it's actually a "manhua". Same goes for D-Cyber, which was also Chinese in origin.

Though, after reading just book four of Adventure, and after having watched the Adventure anime in both English and Japanese, I noticed something. The story in the book seemed to bear a stronger resemblance to the English dubbed version of the anime instead of the original Japanese version. It appears as though the author watched the dub and based it on that version instead of the original. An example of where this is evident is in the chapter where Gennai sends the children the Prophecy and it is copied directly from the English to the letter (even including the "Please always recycle" line of text that only existed in the dub). And if that wasn't enough, the next panel over was dedicated entirely to making a joke and that line, with one of the characters remarking, "So the prophets were environmentalists. Who knew?" (which most certainly did not occur in the anime, in either version). :roll:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 18, 2010 4:44 pm

New Xros Wars update added to second post:

New scans reveal more info:

2. http://i46.tinypic.com/23uv46.jpg

More human characters:
Protagonists - Akari Hinomoto and Zenjirou Tsurugi
Antagonists - Kiriha Aonuma and Nene Amano

These names are written "first name last name", BTW.

Voice cast:
Taiki Kudou - Minami Takayama
Shoutmon - Chika Sakamoto
Akari Hinomoto - Ryōko Shiraishi
Zenjirou Tsurugi - Daisuke Kishio
Kiriha Aonuma - Takeshi Kusao
Nene Amano - Houko Kuwashima

The new digivice is called the Digimon Cross Loader.

ShoutmonX4 = Shoutmon + Ballistamon + Dorurumon + Starmon

There's also seems to be a manga of it coming out in the August issue of V-Jump magazine.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 am

I kinda keep getting blown in the wind about Xros Wars. I can't decide if I like what I'm seeing or not. Some of the character designs for the Digimon and the kids look really bad. I'm feeling like, here we are, six seasons later and they're struggling to keep that unique look that the earlier season had for all of their characters. I felt this way with Savers, also. Mind you, this has no baring on the actual show itself, I suppose, but still...
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 pm

I am squeeing with excitement over every little piece of new info we get.

Got better versions of some of the previous scans:

And more info:
-The Shoutmonx4 fusion is called "Digixros" (Digi-cross)
-Taiki and his friends are thrown into the DW much like in Adventure
-Xros Loader digivice can call out Digimon and help them evolve... so I guess it's a lot like Savers Digi-burst in that regard.

And while not anime news, the Xros Loader toy coming out can also be used as an mp3 player.
A little more news from a blog about the story:
Protagonist Taiki Kudou is an uncommonly good samaritan of a 7th grader whose favorite phrase is "I can't leave them be!" (Hottokenai!) One day, the Digimon Xros Loader appears and Shoutmon's voice calling for help reach Taiki. The "D Digimon Xros Loader" is an important item that can give power to the Digimon for their "Digixros" fusion. Taiki was chosen to be a "General" who uses that power. Taiki and his friends are thrown towards another world, the "Digital World". With the appearance of rivals and enemy Digimon, the DW develops into a stage for "Xros Wars"! Taiki and Shoutmon combine their Digimon army with "D Digimon Xros Loader" and face off strong opponents with Digixros!

The Xros Loader toy is going to be the first to come in color LCD.
Akari Hinomoto - Taiki's childhood friend and one year younger than him. She worries about Taiki because he is always doing the unreasonable.
Taiki Kudou - A hot-blooded 7th grader who saves the weak. He fights with Shoutmon and is the main character.
Zenjirou Tsurugi - Taiki's classmate and kendo boy who proclaims to be Taiki's "eternal rival". He hates things that are immoral/injust.
Kiriha Aonuma - 7th grader who leads and fights with Greymon. He eliminates enemies with cold and calculated methods, spreading the influence of his power.
Nene Amano - A beautiful girl who leads a mysterious army. She appears to be searching for strong soldiers for a purpose, but...?

A video clip ad can be seen here - http://www.carddas.com/digimon/
Notice Lilithmon is seen, making her the first familiar, non-redesigned digimon seen thus far.

One more thing.
POSTER: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9406/digimoncrosswars.jpg

MARKETING: http://www.bandai.co.jp/press/images/3/56876.pdf

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Fri May 21, 2010 11:04 am

Still not a huge fan of the designs. They're all so... complicated now.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 21, 2010 8:17 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:Still not a huge fan of the designs. They're all so... complicated now.
Maybe the plot and characterizations will be good enough. Look at Animated for example: misleading designs with an epic story and thorough characters. ;)

Also, there's been an update here: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/digimon_xw/
Scroll down to see full body images of the five children, and there's info regarding the cast and staff:
In additon to the previously-revealed cast, there's...
Dorurumon: Takahiro Sakurai
Sparrowmon: Kokoro Kikuchi
Monitormon: Yuuko Maruyama
Tactimon: Bin Shimada
As for the Staff...
PRODUCERS: Tomoharu Matsuhisa, Hiroyuki Sakurada
DIRECTOR: Tetsuya Endo
CONFIGURATION SERIES: Riku Sanjo
CHARACTER DESIGN / CHIEF ANIMATION DIRECTOR: Akihiro Asanuma
ART DESIGN: Shinzo Yuki

Also, here's the Carddas video on YouTube, ShoutmonX4 looks absolutely epic! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13n1kx-I6Y

And, the name of the blue metal bird behind the evil Greymon is MailBirdramon.
I'm going to edit the previous voice cast members to match this new format with links to their ANN pages.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby PORTER » Sun May 23, 2010 12:46 am

for me when i was little i....now sabrblade dont get mad :roll: liked pokemon more than digimon i guess because i was afraid of some digmon who was a floating eyeball :?: :? or because the talking meowth was the best character in the franchise
but respctively my favorite digimon are greymon and tentomon
PORTER

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 23, 2010 2:49 am

PORTER wrote:for me when i was little i....now sabrblade dont get mad :roll: liked pokemon more than digimon i guess because i was afraid of some digmon who was a floating eyeball :?: :? or because the talking meowth was the best character in the franchise
but respctively my favorite digimon are greymon and tentomon

It's okay, I won't kill you...yet. :P JK

I know some liked Pokemon more back then. But when it comes to quality, Digimon has the better stories and plotlines. Pokemon follows the same routine each episode, whereas Digimon takes its own unique directions building upon each overarching plotlines to tell tales of epic proportions.

Floating eyeball? Hmm, that could be any number of Digimon. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 24, 2010 11:33 am

New image of the ShoutmonX4 toy:
It's probably still a prototype, so hopefully the final product will look much better.

And here's the poster from before in a smaller size.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum