Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Digimon

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:33 pm

ironrod prime wrote:watcha got boy
Ever read any Digimon manga? ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:23 pm

nope
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:18 pm

ironrod prime wrote:nope
Well, how would you like to read the very first manga, which even came out before the first anime series?

I happen to know of an English translation available for free download or that can be found online. If you're interested about downloading it, PM me, but if you wanna read it online instead , let me know. ;)

The series I'm referring to in particular is Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01, or just "V-Tamer" for short.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:58 pm

via Amazon.com: The Official Digimon Adventure Set: The Complete First Season
•MSRP: $79.95
•Number of discs: 8
•Studio: New Video Group
•DVD Release Date: October 9, 2012
•Run Time: 1140 minutes
•UPC: 767685278345

It's official, Digifans! For the first time ever, all 54 original episodes of DIGIMON ADVENTURE SEASON 1 are available in this 8-disc collector's set. See the four story arcs of the classic DIGIMON television series from beginning to end.

While at summer camp, seven kids - Tai, Matt, Sora, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, and T.K. - come across seven Digivices and are transported to a strange digital world. In this new world they make friends with creatures that call themselves Digimon - short for Digital Monsters - who were born to defend their world from various evil forces. The children learn they have the ability to help their new Digimon friends digivolve into different Digital Monsters and fight as a team to defend enemies and ultimately find their way home.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:45 pm

oh happy day
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:12 am

Unless there's any bonus content to make it worthwhile, I'll probably pass if it's just the episodes alone (as I've seen the dub episodes many times and already have ready access to episodes if I want to watch them). I'll want some extra oomph to these than just the bare minimum.

Otherwise, if I do buy this and it's only got just the episodes, it would probably be an impulse buy at a point at which I have the spare money and nothing else to buy.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:22 am

lets see cast interviews would be nice and of course
a "the making of" featurete not a big fan of comentaries but theyed still be welcomed and this might be too much to ask but id like it if they had a card gallery of all digimon from the show
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:13 pm

ironrod prime wrote:lets see cast interviews would be nice and of course
a "the making of" featurete not a big fan of comentaries but theyed still be welcomed and this might be too much to ask but id like it if they had a card gallery of all digimon from the show
Cast interviews I'd like.

Keep in mind that this is the English dub, so any "making ofs" would probably be related to the dialogue rather than creating the show itself.

As for a card gallery, doubt it, since that's Bandai's territory.

Though, commentaries I could see as being possible. :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:25 pm

well i have the english dub of supernatural and its making of was done in japanese
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:34 pm

ironrod prime wrote:well i have the english dub of supernatural and its making of was done in japanese
Those were localized imports of the Japanese DVDs, as both countries' releases were handled by the same company.

Most North American anime DVDs that contain features from the Japanese DVDs are usually released by either the same Japanese DVD company or an anime company that has close relations to the Japanese companies.

The company handling these DVDs, however, is a non-anime American company. Not even the Data Squad DVD sets had anything beyond the episodes.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum