Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Digimon

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 pm

well atleast they gave us bonus features and a book too not to shabby
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah, things are now looking up. If those sketches turn out to be production materials from Toei (as shocking as that would be for a dub-only release with no ties to Japan) then I may now become more interested. :smile:

Also, before I show you what my favorite evolution-related song is, I need to ask ya something. Have you listened to any of the original Japanese songs of any digimon series (besides "Legend: Xros Wars")? If so, which ones?

I ask because when you wrote this:
ironrod prime wrote:not bad would like to see it done with one of the classic songs from adventure or adventure 2
it sounded like you were familiar with some of them, so I wanna make sure.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:50 am

the only songs i know are the ones from dubs i dont know any others except the one you showed
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 pm

More info on the DVD set - http://www.newvideo.com/flatiron-film-company/the-official-digimon-adventure-set-the-complete-first-season/

It’s official, Digifans! For the first time ever, all 54 episodes of DIGIMON ADVENTURE SEASON 01 are available in this 8-disc collector’s set. See the four story arcs of the classic DIGIMON television series from beginning to end.

While at summer camp, seven kids—Tai, Matt, Sora, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, and T.K.—come across seven Digivices and are transported to a strange digital world. In this new world they make friends with creatures that call themselves Digimon—short for Digital Monsters—who were born to defend their world from various evil forces. The children learn they have the ability to help their new Digimon friends digivolve into different Digital Monsters and fight as a team to defend enemies and ultimately find their way home.

*DISC 1: Episodes 1-7: And So It Begins… / The Birth of Greymon / Garurumon / Biyomon Gets Firepower / Kabuterimon’s Electro Shocker / Togemon In Toy Town / Ikkakumon’s Harpoon Torpedo
*DISC 2: Episodes 8-14: Evil Shows His Face / Subzero Ice Punch! / A Clue from the Digi-Past / The Dancing Digimon / DigiBaby Boom / The Legend of the Digidestined / Depature for a New Continent
*DISC 3: Episodes 15-21: The Dark Network of Etemon / The Arrival of SkullGreymon / The Crest of Sincerity / The Piximon Cometh / The Prisoner of the Pyramid / The Earthquake of MetalGreymon / Home Away from Home
*DISC 4: Episodes 22-28: Forget About It! / WereGarurumon’s Diner / No Questions, Please / Princess Karaoke / Sora’s Crest of Love / The Gateway to Home / It’s All in the Cards
*DISC 5: Episodes 29-35: Return to Highton View Terrace / Almost Home Free / The Eighth Digivice / Gatomon Comes Calling / Out on the Town / The Eighth Child Revealed / Flower Power
*DISC 6: Episodes 36-42: City Under Siege / Wizardmon’s Gift / Prophecy / The Battle for Earth / Enter the Dark Masters / Sea-Sick and Tired / Under Pressure
*DISC 7: Episodes 43-49: Playing Games / Trash Day / The Ultimate Clash / Etemon’s Comeback Tour / Ogremon’s Honor / My Sister’s Keeper / The Crest of Light
*DISC 8: Episodes 50-54, Bonus: Joe’s Battle / The Crest of Friendship / Piedmon’s Last Jest / Now Apocalymon / The Fate of Two Worlds / Photo Gallery

BONUS FEATURES

36-page Character Guide Booklet Featuring the Seven Original Characters Plus Kari; Gallery Featuring Over 40 Behind-the-Scenes Sketches

DVD SRP: $79.95
DVD CAN: $89.95
DVD PREBOOK: 9/11/2012
DVD STREET DATE: 10/9/2012
DVD CONFIGURATION: DVD 8-pk SET
DVD DISC TYPE: 8pk in special swing amaray with 36 pg. booklet
DVD RUN TIME: 19 hrs. + extras
DVD CATALOG #: NNVG278340
DVD UPC: 7-67685-27834-5
DVD ISBN: 1-4229-2225-1
DVD FRAME RATE: 29.97
DVD CLOSED CAPTION: No
DVD SUBTITLES: No
DVD AUDIO: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo

STUDIO: Toei Animation Inc.
LANGUAGE: English
COLOR: Color
ASPECT RATIO: 1.33:1
REGION: Region 1
SERIES TITLE: Digimon
SEASON NO.: 1

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 pm

http://twitter.com/MarcFBR/status/232709116374691840
Season 1 DVD set for Digimon isn't all Digimon fans have coming...

http://twitter.com/MarcFBR/status/232927668683829250
According to New Video the Digimon Season 1 set will NOT have TV ratings in the corner. Looks like they got better masters.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Hello, official Xros Wars English dub! :shock:

http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=17232.0

What all we know thus far (as of this typing) is basically this:
  • It's being dubbed by Studiopolis
  • It's currently at the casting stage
  • Ben Diskin auditioned for a role in it (one of which was Shoutmon)
  • Despite it being an outdated practice for anime dubbing these days, some names are being Americanized :roll:
  • Taiki's name with be just slightly changed
  • Akari, Zenjirou, and Kiriha are also getting name changes
  • The term "DigiXros" may be left intact (Yay!)
  • Who bought the license is TBA
  • Jeff Nimoy is currently uninvolved

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am

yay yay yay yay
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:03 am

DVD news:

Walmart.com has the boxed set listed for a MUCH better price than Amazon. - http://www.walmart.com/ip/21678194

Xros Wars dub news:

Recording for the dub begins this week.

And, the licencor has been revealed to be Saban Brands. The first dubbed season will be 30 episodes.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:04 pm

saban :shock:

ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:11 pm

At last.

Fansubber PositronCannon has completed his subtitled releases of Digimon Frontier. And with that, every Digimon anime series finally has complete, up-to-date, English subtitled versions. All that remains now is for him to sub the Frontier movie and things will truly be complete. Yay! :grin: 8-)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum