Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Digimon

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:31 pm

ah blade you and your sub titles :)
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:34 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ah blade you and your sub titles :)
Nothing wrong with wanting to watch a show uncensored, unaltered, and in its most authentic format (next to raws). ;)

And it's the only way to properly watch The Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory. :P

Taking forever to finish downloading, though. :roll:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Word from the cast members confirms that the English dub name of Digimon Xros Wars will be "Digimon Fusion".

It's an okay name, I guess. Just so used to saying "Xros Wars". :P

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:16 pm

i like it btw do you pronounce it cross wars or ros wars
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 pm

ironrod prime wrote:i like it btw do you pronounce it cross wars or ros wars
"Xros" = "cross". Like, a "cross" between multiple digimon combined together. :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:40 pm

thats what i thought yeah digimon fusion just sounds better to me
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:15 pm

ironrod prime wrote:thats what i thought yeah digimon fusion just sounds better to me
Thing is, the term is still gonna be "DigiXros" in the dub.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:27 pm

im cool with that
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 pm

ironrod prime wrote:im cool with that
Cool. :smile:

It also fits since the sequence uses a diagonal cross shape (almost like an X or a multiplication symbol) to symbolize the combination.

I wonder if they'll keep the names of Shoutmon's DigiXros forms like "Shoutmon X4" ("Shoutmon cross four") and such.

On a side note, here's something interesting from an older series that I never realized until watching the crossover-portion of Xros Wars. Remember DNA Digivolution from Zero Two? Well, in Japan, it's called "Jogress Evolution", with "Jogress" being a portmanteau of the English words "Joint" and "Progress", but that I already knew. What I didn't know, however, is that, as it turns out, Omegamon/Omnimon is... wait for it... *NOT* a Jogress Evolved/DNA Digivolved digimon. :shock:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:18 pm

yeah izzi realized that in adventure 2 in whitch he referanced omnimon which connected a 2 to the digimon movie
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum