Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Digimon

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:00 pm

ironrod prime wrote:yeah izzi realized that in adventure 2 in whitch he referanced omnimon which connected a 2 to the digimon movie
Look again at what I said:
Sabrblade wrote:Omegamon/Omnimon is... *NOT* a Jogress Evolved/DNA Digivolved digimon. :shock:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:36 pm

say wa actualy that makes sense i mean if you look at how omnimon was formed compared to lets say imperialdramon the digivolutions are drasticly differint
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:03 pm

ironrod prime wrote:say wa actualy that makes sense i mean if you look at how omnimon was formed compared to lets say imperialdramon the digivolutions are drasticly differint
Yeah, I was shocked too. I mean, the dub had me convinced that he was like Paildramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon (minus the bit about reaching the next level) since it called him a DNA Digivolved digimon. But once I heard otherwise from XW, I checked the Japanese version of the episode of Zero Two in which Paildramon is compared to him, and sure enough, there are some notable differences in scripting between the English and Japanese versions of that episode.

In the English version, Izzy specifically says, "DNA Digivolving has been done before," and then refers to Omnimon. In the original, however, Koushirou instead says, "Two Digimon combining... it actually happened once before," and then refers to Omegamon.

As he continues, the dub has him note the similarities between the two and figured that it happens when there's a big enough threat for both digimon to face. In the original, however, he notes the differences between the two in that Paildramon came about through Jogress Evolution so that his two components could reach the next level, while Omegamon came about in a simple combination between two digimon that resulted in a new digimon ten times more powerful.

In a nutshell, the difference between DNA/Jogress digimon and combined digimon like Omegamon/Omnimon is that the former are fused to reach the next level while the latter are fused to become "ten times" more powerful.

They way I found out was during the crossover events of XW, in which we see Omegamon, Imperialdramon, and Susanoomon all form in front of some of the XW kids, who mistaken them all for DigiXros digimon. Then Tentomon appears (out of nowhere :lol: ) to explain that all three are a different process. He called Omegamon a "Gattai" (which is Japanese for "fusion" "combination", "union", etc.), Imperialdramon a "Jogress Shinka" (Jogress Evolution), and Susanoomon an "Ancient Spirit Evolution).

So I guess we can add "gattai" to the list of processes a digimon can undergo. :P

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 am

theres one more combination type of digivolution i'll give you a hint ALPHAMON season 3
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:37 am

ironrod prime wrote:theres one more combination type of digivolution i'll give you a hint ALPHAMON season 3
He wasn't in season 3.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:theres one more combination type of digivolution i'll give you a hint ALPHAMON season 3
He wasn't in season 3.

alphamon galantmon same mon mon :lol:
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:16 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
He wasn't in season 3.

alphamon galantmon same mon mon :lol:
What's special about him? He's formed by Matrix Evolution/Biomerge Digivolution, which is just another type of Evolution/Digivolution.

And his Crimson Mode was just a Mode Change, which we're familiar with.

Omegamon/Omnimon came as a surprise since his "Fusion" process was relatively unknown by the fandom until recently.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 pm

well it still counts as a combination digivolution in my book
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 pm

ironrod prime wrote:well it still counts as a combination digivolution in my book
What does? WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon didn't evolve/digivolve since they were already at the highest level. Evolving/digivolving gets a digimon to another level. When it there's no change in level (aside from Slide Evolution, Burst Evolution, and the variations of Spirit Evolution), it's not an evolution/digivolution.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:29 pm

your telling me a digimon digivolving with a human doesnt count
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum