Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Digimon

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:31 pm

ironrod prime wrote:what about the digi-gods of the four winds
Winds?

The Four Holy Beasts... I don't think they're needed for this series. The governing of the Digital World works differently this time around. Like it did for Frontier with the Three Great Angels, and in X-Evolution and Savers with Yggdrasil, but also different from those.

Besides... they did something that... I probably shouldn't say, as it might spoil something from the show for ya.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:what about the digi-gods of the four winds

The Four Holy Beasts... I don't think they're needed for this series. The governing of the Digital World works differently this time around. Like it did for Frontier with the Three Great Angels, and in X-Evolution and Savers with Yggdrasil, but also different from those.

so is it like the dark masters or digimon emperor type of deal

also has a leomon appeared yet im curious to see if they carry on the tradition
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 pm

ironrod prime wrote:so is it like the dark masters or digimon emperor type of deal
Well, it's difficult to expalin without spoiling too much. Basically, at in the first half of the first Xros Wars series, there was no ruler. Instead, there were certain parties vying for the position. In the second half, the main bad guy was the ruler (or close to being, at least). In the second Xros Wars series, there's a new ruler, but if I say who it is, that would be giving away too much.

ironrod prime wrote:also has a leomon appeared yet im curious to see if they carry on the tradition
Yes. Long time ago back near the beginning of Xros Wars.

I tell ya man, you need to start watching it regardless of it having no dub. Frankly, if it were to have been given dub, I think it would have happened by now. Savers was dubbed as Data Squad not long after Savers ended, and Xros Wars is already into its second series and still hasn't been dubbed.

The only signs of there being a English dub are that rumored "Digimon: Fusion Battles" dub that's said to be a "made-for-Japan-only" English dub released to English speakers living in Japan. And from what I hear, it's not even the whole series, but instead just some sample parts of it condensed into a single pilot episode. And that it's not a dub of professional quality (as in, it's not up to the standard for broadcast in America), but rather a low budget dub without any real attempts to make it worthwhile (like many of the other "pilot dubs" the company who produced it have made).

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:09 pm

i remember makeing my own Digimon and digibattle cards

I got the Ladydevimon card on the day that episode first aired in the US.

So how good is Xwars?
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Agent X wrote:So how good is Xwars?
Well, I'll let you know when it's over, which, disappointingly, is probably pretty soon. :|

I'm not expecting an English dub of this one either, since it's probably safe to say that if there were to have been one, it likely would have started by now.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I'll just leave this here and let the picture speak for itself. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:30 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Well, I'll let you know when it's over, which, disappointingly, is probably pretty soon. :|

I'm not expecting an English dub of this one either, since it's probably safe to say that if there were to have been one, it likely would have started by now.

dude you just said xwars wasnt over yet so dont you think its safe to assume that they wanna wait till then to make the dub
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:01 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

dude you just said xwars wasnt over yet so dont you think its safe to assume that they wanna wait till then to make the dub
It's first series is over. It's second series is what's still airing. If they were going to dub the first Xros Wars series, chances are it would have already happened. None of the previous five series ever took this long to get started, and as of now, there has been zero word of interest in an official English dub expressed by any company. Not even from any of the old folks who dubbed the first five. :|

Besides, did you see the above image with all five leaders and which highest forms their digimon will have when they appear in the show for real? :D

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 pm

wait how did davis and tai get there dna megas if the series is suposedly based on only the five leaders mat and ken showing up wouldnt make any sense
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:50 pm

ironrod prime wrote:wait how did davis and tai get there dna megas if the series is suposedly based on only the five leaders mat and ken showing up wouldnt make any sense
We're all surprised to see that as well. We were thinking the highest ones they'd each have were WarGreymon, XV-mon, Dukemon Crimson Mode, Ardhamon, and ShineGreymon Burst Mode.

To see Omegamon, Imperialdramon, and Susanoomon here was quite a surprise.

Eh, maybe they'll have their Jogress partners already in their collections or something.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum