Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Digimon

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Official image from Toei's website.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:06 pm

whos the dude in the red shirt
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:20 pm

ironrod prime wrote:whos the dude in the red shirt
From left to right: Masaru, Takuya, Takato, Tagiru, Taiki, Daisuke, and Taichi.

Each from: Savers, Frontier, Tamers, Xros Wars (second series), Xros Wars (first series), Adventure 02, and Adventure

All seven leaders. 8-)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:18 pm

i wonder what they will call the new guys if they ever dub xwars

like will they use a semi japanese name like takuya or will they use a more american name like marcus
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 am

ironrod prime wrote:i wonder what they will call the new guys if they ever dub xwars

like will they use a semi japanese name like takuya or will they use a more american name like marcus
That's a concern of mine. In this day and age, most anime don't need to be as Americanized as they were back in the 90's, so I'd really hope they wouldn't change too much. Savers really surprised me with just how much it got away with (minus a bunch of censorship) being pretty faithful the Japanese script. While some names were changed, some were still kept. So this leaves me hoping that, should Xros Wars ever finally get dubs of its two series, that not that much is changed from the original. Only things that really need to be changed are any objectionable content, of which there isn't that much and wouldn't be missed if edited out.

I mean, look at shows like Naruto and Dragon Ball Z Kai, having kept their foreign names and kids still eat those two up. Same goes for Avatar on Nick, and that's an American-made show. I'd think names like Taiki, Akari, Zenjirou, Kiriha, Nene, Yuu, Tagiru, Ryouma, Airu, and Ren wouldn't too diffcult to say once they're heard spoken aloud by the characters a few times. :)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:34 pm

but you know if xwars was dubbed theyed have to keep the names of the previous five leaders tai, davis, takato, takuya, and marcus and then (since aparently pieldramon and omnimon would be in it) they would have to bring in matt and ken

but other than the above and like you said a few minor edits i hope it does get a proper dub
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

ironrod prime wrote:but you know if xwars was dubbed theyed have to keep the names of the previous five leaders tai, davis, takato, takuya, and marcus and then (since aparently pieldramon and omnimon would be in it) they would have to bring in matt and ken

but other than the above and like you said a few minor edits i hope it does get a proper dub
True. I'd imagine they'd keep "Digivolve" for Evolve, though since the primary form of evolution in this series is Super Evolution, who knows if they'd give it a special name in the dub or not.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:43 pm

im sure they'ed keep the term digivolve(tradition and all)and im sure they'ed each leader shout thier activation code used in each of the series
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:50 pm

ironrod prime wrote:im sure they'ed keep the term digivolve(tradition and all)and im sure they'ed each leader shout thier activation code used in each of the series
That's IF they still use their own forms of evolution. Since the episodes featuring them haven't aired yet, we don't yet know if they'll still have all the same methods that they had before, of if they'll all have Xros Loaders this time. If they have Xros Loaders now, then they'll most likely be using DigiXros and Super Evolution instead.

Though, them having Xros Loaders would also explain how their digmon could have the forms attained by combining with MetalGarurumon, Stingmon, and MagnaGarurumon without those three's human partners. They could just already have them in their collections and just DigiXros them together with their own digimon to get those combined forms. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:23 pm

somethings been buggin me abit why do tai and davis look like they do at the begining of thier respective seasons
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum