Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

a battle of wits

Non-TF related Conversations

a battle of wits

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:35 am

ok so lets say the worlds greatest detective sherlock holmes met up with the worlds greatest theif carman sandiego who would win
ironrod prime

Re: a battle of wits

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 am

Did you pull an Inception on me? I used to watch both the Carmen Sandiego cartoon and the Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century cartoon, which were both done by DiC in the same art style, and once thought, "Hmm, you know, it'd be cool to see some crossover with Holmes vs. Carmen." :D

But, man, these two are such masters at their work, I think it'd be a draw. I don't know how, but it would. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:18 pm

well its not improbable i mean carman did have a time machine its just a matter of if they are apart of the same universe which i assume they are
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

ironrod prime wrote:well its not improbable i mean carman did have a time machine its just a matter of if they are apart of the same universe which I assume they are
Don't forget that the world of the Carmen Sandiego cartoon was inside a video game, which the main characters were of aware of and their actions were controlled by a real human player. And the Sherlock Holmes cartoon was only shown to be just a regular cartoon world. ;)

Still, though, I'd say any kind of match between these two would be a draw. Now throw Moriarty into the mix and we got something really intriguing. 8-)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Only one problem... Sherlock Holmes is NOT the world's greatest detective. He's number 2.

The title of World's Greatest Detective goes to someone who's such a great detective, one of his enemies calls him 'Detective' simply out of respect...

The World's Greatest Detective is Batman!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Only one problem... Sherlock Holmes is NOT the world's greatest detective. He's number 2.

The title of World's Greatest Detective goes to someone who's such a great detective, one of his enemies calls him 'Detective' simply out of respect...

Save for an episode of The Brave and the Bold in which Batman teamed up with and referred to Holmes as "the world's greatest detective" (this was honestly a good episode, as surprising as that may sound when talking about that show :P ). ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Only one problem... Sherlock Holmes is NOT the world's greatest detective. He's number 2.

But according to Chip Chase the worlds greatest detective is Teletraan-1!!!! At least that is what he says in one of G1's first season shows when they are looking for the space bridge the cons built (think it might be "Divide and Conquer") haha
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

Save for an episode of The Brave and the Bold in which Batman teamed up with and referred to Holmes as "the world's greatest detective" (this was honestly a good episode, as surprising as that may sound when talking about that show :P ). ;)

hey i liked the brave and the bold it was no justice league or teen titans but it was still a good show its tied at number 3 on my list of favorite batman cartoons
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Oh, man! I'll take Brave And The Bold over Teen Titans any day. :lol: :P
Justice League = Awesome +1 :grin:

I don't know enough about either topic characters to give an informed comment. But, I'd like to think Carmen San Diego would come out of this the better. ;) :P
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:15 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Oh, man! I'll take Brave And The Bold over Teen Titans any day. :lol: :P

im gonna bite you now
ironrod prime

Next

Return to Open Forum