Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

sailor moon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: sailor moon

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:07 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Thats scrap and you know it :|. ok how bout this. On the basis that they are both time based entities and givin what you know of each character. Which was the stronger (power wise) and which was more helpful to their respective teams?

That better ;)
Very much so, thank you.

Now that I know what to compare, I'd say Vector Prime might be a bit stronger since, even though he has similar taboos regarding the manipulation of time as Pluto has, his breaking them the first time around only leaves him weakened to a great extent but still very much alive, whereas Pluto's life is lost should she ever stop time, much less reverse it.

As far as help is concerned, again, Vector Prime takes it since he played an active role with his team throughout the series, whereas Setsuna spent most of her screentime in R/the Black Moon arc guarding the Space-Time Door and helping only a little bit, while spending S/the Mugen arc onward working with Uranus and Neptune more than with the entire Sailor Team. That isn't to say she's not helpful, rather, she helps from afar, whereas Vector Prime can get up close and personal whenever he wants.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Of course, everyone knows the girl from TF Cybertron was Sailor Pluto the whole time, she just flies around with Vector Prime and she is his bodyguard.

Kind of a King Arthur type thing, like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, combined with First Knight.

Both of them starring Sean Connery, strangely enough.

Anyway, Id think since they are all based on planets, the sailor scouts would draw their power from the sun, one of my favorite SNES RPGs was Sailor Moon translated over to English by some ROM team, (you have to use emulators because I don't think they ever released that one in America) but it is kind of like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest with Sailor Scouts, it explains their powers better than any cartoon could do, if you read the walkthrough on GameFAQs you can read a summary of their abilities in the RPG and it explains a lot.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:53 pm

The Sailor Senshi do not draw their powers from the sun.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:The Sailor Senshi do not draw their powers from the sun.

I assumed they just inherited their powers from each their home worlds but seeing as how they never use their powers outside of costume (well other than satern) that's probably not true
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:58 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Sailor Senshi do not draw their powers from the sun.

I assumed they just inherited their powers from each their home worlds but seeing as how they never use their powers outside of costume (well other than satern) that's probably not true
It is true that their powers are drawn from the celestial objects that each is the protector of, yes. But none of them represent the Sun, so none of their powers come from that object.

Fan speculation has suspected Helios of being tied to the Sun (due to his name), but official material has never confirmed or even touched upon the matter. The closest it's come to is when it mentioned Queen Metaria as having been birthed from the Sun, but her being a manifestation of Chaos makes that iffy.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Well, seeing as how Sailor Moon is just a fiction cartoon, and that all life technically draws its energy from light or some other energy of some kind, then ya, they draw their energy from the sun, just like real people, without the authors who made the cartoon to make the fictional background, they wouldn't exist, and so the sun made all of this possible, and there was no life before light.

Like I said, all based on King Arthur, Tuxedo Kamen would be sort of a King Arthur, the evil Witch out to get her boyfriend = Morgana, the dark scouts come out about the same as the bad guys in Voltron with Lotor and so on.

There is a clear relationship between science and all life that can't be broken by fiction of any type, people have known of it for thousands of years.

Sailor Moon is just kind of an anime retelling of a yankee in king arthur's court, the best version of it being the MacGyver special :D.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:56 pm

cyberwuss wrote:Well, seeing as how Sailor Moon is just a fiction cartoon, and that all life technically draws its energy from light or some other energy of some kind, then ya, they draw their energy from the sun, just like real people, without the authors who made the cartoon to make the fictional background, they wouldn't exist, and so the sun made all of this possible, and there was no life before light.
Their "life" isn't the same thing as their "powers". They didn't get their powers from the sun.

Superman is an example of a hero whose powers are amplified by the sun. The Sailor Senshi, however, do not derive their powers from that same source.

cyberwuss wrote:the dark scouts come out about the same as the bad guys in Voltron with Lotor and so on.
The what?

cyberwuss wrote:Sailor Moon is just kind of an anime retelling of a yankee in king arthur's court, the best version of it being the MacGyver special :D.
Um, what? That Mark Twain story involved time travel, not reincarnation. Sailor Moon wasn't based on King Arthur at all. It was based on a combination of the Magical Girl genre with the Super Sentai series, plus elements taken from Greek Mythology, Romeo & Juliet, geology, Japanese folklore, astronomy, astrology, teen fashions, schoolgirl antics, and science fiction.

Arthurian Legend played very little, if any, role in the making of the Sailor Moon series.

Also, it was a manga before it was an anime.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Theres a petition going around to get cookie jar to rerelease the dic music. It's all over the facebook groups
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Theres a petition going around to get cookie jar to rerelease the dic music. It's all over the facebook groups
Won't work. They don't own the music. The rights for it dissolved into various parties after the series died in the U.S.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Well sombody should probably tell them that

Kindofa bummer though. The original soundtracks go for alot theese days. Not so much the first but definitely the others

Anyway here's a link to the fb page wich includes the link to the petition.

https://www.facebook.com/ReleaseDicSailorMoonMusic
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum