Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

sailor moon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: sailor moon

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:22 pm

found some cool fan vids thought id share

ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Ever seen this abomination? :P :lol:

Here's just the promo with the perspective corrected:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:45 am

If this series is any good I will at least follow it online, I have never really gotten into sailor moon, with one exception... I really really got into the SNES video game "Sailor Moon: Another Story" which is basically like old Final Fantasy but with Sailor Moon characters and story... actually one of the best RPG type games out there from that era. I have probably played it through 3 times and am thinking of doing it again!!!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 pm

cyberwuss wrote:If this series is any good I will at least follow it online,
Which one? The manga, the anime, the live action series, the musicals, etc.?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

The new anime ironrod mentioned that is about to be released.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:53 pm

cyberwuss wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

The new anime ironrod mentioned that is about to be released.
Yeah, that's next summer.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Ever seen this abomination? :P :lol:

Here's just the promo with the perspective corrected:

oh for the love of primus ive seen one of those and i almost gagged oddly enough saban had nothing to do with it and even the series was(thankfully)never picked up it still left its mark on the american franchize in the form of the luner cycle toy and the logo at the end of the promo was used in the dubs for seasons 1 and 2
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:22 pm

ironrod prime wrote:oh for the love of primus ive seen one of those and i almost gagged oddly enough saban had nothing to do with it and even the series was(thankfully)never picked up it still left its mark on the american franchize in the form of the luner cycle toy and the logo at the end of the promo was used in the dubs for seasons 1 and 2
Yep. Such was the infamous Toon Makers pilot. :P

I bring it up because it has become quite a newsworthy topic as of late, since there have been hundreds of animation cels, concept sketches, and even a 14-page dialogue script, showing up for sale on eBay all throughout the past several weeks. And more just keep coming.

As bad and cheesy as this thing looks, the fact that so much content for this never-released pilot has been turning up is quite fascinating, to say the least.

From the looks of it, the animated parts seem to have a classic 1980s cartoon look with a space opera feel to them as the girls seem to travel to and from Earth to fight evil in space. Though, the live action scenes still look just as bad as always. :P

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:24 pm

i think a smallvile/birds of prey styled live action series would be cool and maybe an avatar tlab/winx club cartoon might work but mixing live action with 2d animation is never good

speaking of the winx club theres no doubt in my mind that like many other magical girl shows the winx club was inspired by sailor moon and i was thinking do you think the voices of the first five faries would work for the inner senshi if not tell me which ones wouldnt work and why
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 pm

ironrod prime wrote:i think a smallvile/birds of prey styled live action series would be cool and maybe an avatar tlab/winx club cartoon might work but mixing live action with 2d animation is never good
for whta it was, I thought PGSM was GREAT! :D

ironrod prime wrote:speaking of the winx club theres no doubt in my mind that like many other magical girl shows the winx club was inspired by sailor moon and i was thinking do you think the voices of the first five faries would work for the inner senshi if not tell me which ones wouldnt work and why
I only really watched the 4Kids dub, and I wouldn't want them for the new anime.

And, I really wouldn't want the Nick dub actors either since I have seen some of it and I don't think they're that great at voice dubbing. They're good at acting, but their matching the lip flap in the mouth movement animation is terrible. It was immensely obvious to me that what the characters' voices were saying wasn't what their mouths were saying. It was like watching one of those old Godzilla movies in which the dialogue never matches.

But aside from that, I'd primarily prefer other voice actors since these ones aren't as adept at anime dubbing. I'd want professional anime voice actors like those who work for FUNimation, Studiopolis, Ocean Studios, Blue Water Studios, or even New York talent pool 4Kids used, to dub the new anime since they are used to it and dub anime on a regular basis. :smile:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New question. What are your favorites of the Sailor Moon meta-series? Nothing particular, just "favorites" in general.

Here's a few of mine:

Favorite character overall: Mamoru
Favorite Sailor Senshi: Usagi
Favorite Inner senshi: Minako
Favorite Outer Senshi: Hotaru
Favorite cat: Artemis
Favorite supporting character: Yuuichirou (anime), Motoki (PGSM)
Favorite movie: R movie
Favorite series finale: R (episode 88)
Favorite series: R
Favorite Classic episode: 34
Favorite R Makaiju episode: 59
Favorite R Black Moon episode: 68, 74, or 88
Favorite Super episode: 108
Favorite SuperS episode: 158
Favorite Sailor Stars Nehellenia episode: 168
Favorite Sailor Stars Shadow Galactica episode: 188
Favorite PGSM episode: Act 36
Favorite Dark Kingdom villain (anime): Nephrite
Favorite Dark Kingdom villain (manga): Kunzite
Favorite Dark Kingdom villain (PGSM): Zoisite and Kunzite
Favorite Makaiju alien: Ail
Favorite Black Moon clan villain (anime): Rubeus and Saphir
Favorite Black Moon clan villain (manga): Rubeus
Favorite Death Busters villain (anime): Eudial
Favorite Death Busters villain (manga): Master Pharaoh 90
Favorite Dead Moon Circus villain (anime): PallaPalla
Favorite Dead Moon Circus villain (manga): CereCere
Favorite Shadow Galactica villain (anime): Sailor Lead Crow
Favorite Shadow Galactica villain (manga): Sailor Galaxia
Favorite movie villain: Fiore
Favorite Commander villain: Queen Beryl
Favorite final boss villain: Death Phantom
Favorite villain group: Dark Kingdom
Favorite English dub voice actor: Stephanie Beard
Favorite opening theme: all four(both versions of "Moonlight Densetsu" as well as "Sailor Star Song" and "Kirari*Sailor Dream!")
Favorite ending theme: tie between "Heart Moving" and "Otome no Policy"
Favorite insert song: "Moon Revenge"
Favorite dub insert song: "The Power of Love" (followed by "She's Got the Power")
Favorite eyecatch: R
Favorite moment of comedy: Usagi's drunken "Pudding of Relativity" scene in episode 108
Favorite moment of awesome: (see each "favorite X episode")
Favorite Classic story arc: Nijizuishou arc
Favorite R story arc: Makaiju arc and Crystal Tokyo arc
Favorite Super story arc: Mugen Gakuen arc
Favorite SuperS story arc: Dead Moon arc/Elysion arc/whatever it's called (the final one)
Favorite Sailor Stars arc: Nehellenia arc
Favorite couple: Usagi/Serenity and Mamoru/Endymion
Favorite Moon attack: Moon Healing Escalation
Favorite Mercury attack: Shine Aqua Illusion
Favorite Venus attack: Venus Love-Me Chain
Favorite Mars attack: Mars Flame Sniper
Favorite Jupiter attack: Supreme Thunder
Favorite Saturn attack: Silent Wall
Favorite Uranus attack: Space Sword Blaster
Favorite Neptune attack: Submarine Reflection (when used offensively)
Favorite Pluto attack: Chronos Typhoon
Favorite Chibi Moon attack: Pink Sugar Heart Attack
Favorite Starlight attack: Star Serious Laser
Favorite Senshi group attack: Sailor Planet Power
Favorite villain attack: Starlight Attack
Favorite Senshi attack item: Moon Stick
Favorite Transformation: "Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!"

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum