Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

sailor moon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: sailor moon

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:28 am

ok my list wont be as long but heres some of my faves

fave inner scout: jupiter/lita
fave outer scout: uranus/amara
fave scout over all: jupiter/lita
fave transformation: sailor moon season 2
fave momment: when sailor moon is revealed to be the moon princess
fave song: my only love
fave season ending: season 2
fave character: the moon light knight
fave vilian: nephlite
fave sailor moon form: tie between her s final battle form and her stars form
ironrod prime

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 am

I only know a bit from the video games and what little I've seen elsewhere, but here goes:

Top 5 scouts favorite first:
1. Pluto
2. Moon
3. Mars
4. Jupiter
5. Venus

Favorite video game: SNES Sailor Moon Another Story (old turn based RPG):

Favorite song:

Coincidentally, the above video may be my favorite video game opening for this list haha!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:40 pm

I love this website. It''s full of so much information and at times can be downright hilarious, giving the proper criticisms warranted by every bit of craziness that went in to old version and shows exactly why a redub is absolutely necessary for the old anime to ever return to English-speaking countries. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm

thought this was kinda cool

ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:44 am

I probably should have posted this a long time ago. :oops:

Official Press Release for the new anime from Kodansha Comics USA - http://www.kodanshacomics.com/pr/2012/071012.html

For Immediate Release:

Happy 20th Anniversary Sailor Moon! A Live Event from Tokyo and Paris: A Special Report

July 10, 2012 – Last Friday, a special event was held to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Sailor Moon. As the U.S. publisher of Sailor Moon, Kodansha Comics is pleased to provide a complete report of the event and the special announcements made there.

On July 6, 2012, at 7:30pm in Nicofarre in Roppongi, a district in Tokyo, the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary Special Event welcomed back the voices of Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon, Kotono Mitsuishi, and Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask's Toru Furuya in conversation with Fumio Osano, the editor for Naoko Takeuchi's magical girl classic hit.

After 20 years, their reunion revealed a few secrets behind the anime, such as a never-before-mentioned trip to a hot springs resort, and why the anime and manga began so close together. Mitsuishi also confessed that she worked very hard as Sailor Moon because she was her first main character role.

Simultaneously in at Japan Expo in Paris, Momoiro Clover Z took the J.E. Live stage. They appeared in Sailor Moon costumes and performed the anime's opening song 'Moonlight Legend' to original choreography. It was live-streamed worldwide.

After the performance, Shiori Tamai, a member of Momoiro Clover Z, announced the production of a new Sailor Moon anime series. A storm of applause rose from the audience. Kanako Momota, the leader of Momoiro Clover Z, also announced that they would sing the new theme song. Momota commented that they would do their best in order to deliver their voices to everyone around the world. As they wrapped up, Momota asked if she could strike Sailor Moon's famous pose with Mitsuishi quoting Sailor Moon's battle cry, and ended the sensational evening with Sailor Moon's famous line, "In the name of the moon, I shall punish you!"

In Nicofarre, praise and cheers for the renowned voice actors and Momoiro Clover Z, as well as astonishment at the new announcement, lit the live monitor before Takeuchi-sensei herself gave her thoughts about the new Sailor Moon anime to end Sailor Moon's 20th Anniversary Event.

Along with the announcement of a new anime, the Sailor Moon Project stated that a new 10-volume collector's edition of the manga will be released monthly in Japan beginning in October. These new volumes will be faithful reproductions of the stories, including color pages and special pages in celebration of the 20th anniversary. A collector's version Codename: Sailor V will be released as well.

A memorial DVD collection of the original Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon anime will also be released. Each volume will highlight on a different character in the series which aired from 1992 to 1997. One volume per guardian will be released monthly beginning in October 2012 in Japan.

The new anime series is stated to debut in Japan in the summer of 2013.

About Kodansha USA Publishing LLC
Established in New York in 2008, Kodansha USA Publishing (KUP) is a subsidiary of Kodansha, Japan's largest publisher. KUP's first works under the Kodansha Comics imprint were Katsuhiro Otomo's Akira and Masamune Shirow's The Ghost in the Shell. KUP has expanded their catalog to include such titles as Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima, Shugo Chara by PEACH-PIT, and Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi, the highest selling manga in the U.S. in 2012. Kodansha Comics is distributed by Random House Publisher Services.
http://www.kodanshacomics.com

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:16 am

Link to the Facebook page bring sailor moon back to America which has information on the new series, figurines, manga and more

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=526529814057658&id=100001019310122&__user=1452886980#!/Bring.SailorMoon.Back?fref=none&__user=1452886980
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:33 pm

I think I'll just stick to the official sources.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Where do you think she gets the info
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 pm

I mean, I'll just stick with the direct routes rather than use a middleman/woman.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum