Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Lets all go to the ARCADE! Video game news!

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Lets all go to the ARCADE! Video game news!

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:02 am

Wing Saber wrote:THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE
Bungie released the first video for their new game franchise: Destiny
It honestly looks like it will be even better than Halo (Time will tell)

Could be the most revolutionary design since the first Unreal game in the late 90s, which went from mostly indoor small cramped space room environments in 3d to wide open spaces with very detailed graphics, a big improvement in its day.

Going to look up more on this one tomorrow, getting late right now.

I finally gave in and bought the 3ds I have wanted to play Transformers: Prime The Game, and have been having a blast with it, It isn't FOC by any means but it is actually very good. 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, 10 out of 10!

On the playdom.com version of the previously mentioned Marvel Avengers Alliance I recently unlocked special event heroes Havok and Magneto!

They have also added Wasp recently and the PVP rewards Psylocke, Punisher, and currently X-23.

Wanted to speak more on Marvel because they are coming out with Marvel Heroes soon, that is going to be sort of an action RPG in 3d for computer, as well as LEGO: Marvel Superheroes! I am still playing through LEGO: Batman 1 and 2 all these great LEGO games coming out have me busy, I don't even have LEGO: LOTR yet!

Likely will be my next purchase however :D

Anyone see that new NVidia based handheld in the news?
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby cyberwuss » Wed May 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Haven't posted here in a while, so will cover my main things right now.

Marvel Heroes is coming in a few months, sort of like Diablo 3 with Marvel characters and not as much violence. Going to be PC Windows and free to play with payment options. Looks really cool so far and one of the best looking games to be released this year, especially in MMOs.

Elder Scrolls Online is starting up soon too, and looks like it will be awesome as well. Even some sites that said they thought it would be horrible posted apologies when they were convinced by the beta.

Just recently bought LEGO City Undercover for Nintendo 3DS, haven't started on it yet but have heard alot of good things on it. It's sort of like a 90s cop action show done as LEGO.

Haven't seen much on Transformers Universe itself, but there is promising news about one of Jagex's other games, its flagship RuneScape is coming out with a new major update that is going to make it alot better, and this could be very promising for Transformers Universe, since if more people get convinced Jagex can be a good game company they will be more likely to stay with Transformers Universe. The main thing here is that it shows they are getting ready to step up to the plate with code changes and server stability for their other MMOs and that they will be capable of running TFU when it comes out.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby cyberwuss » Fri May 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Looks like I will surely be into Marvel Heroes when it comes out, it will be on Steam, the same thing I use to run Fall of Cybertron and several of my other favorite games as a free to play download, so since I already have Steam installed for FOC won't be much more work to get MH working :D

Anyway, main reason I stopped by was to mention alot of hardcore video game nerds are angry over some press interviews with Microsoft guys involved with the next XBox to come after the 360, XBox One.

It is apparently locking down alot more stuff to be in control of Microsoft to prevent copying and piracy in a way that takes a few freedoms from customers who bought the game being able to trade them with friends, give hard copy physical media as gifts, and trade them at places like GameStop easily as well as including things that make the XBox hardware itself more difficult to repair and requiring an internet connection that checks the games DRM to make sure it is with the right XBox system or XBox Live user account.

Long story short most are angry at not being able to easily borrow a game from a friend, take it to their house to try it out a few weeks, and hand it back, or get one as a free gift. Also, the implilcation that used games like what GameStop is big on will be managed by Microsoft rules and so might be almost the price of a full game or impossible to even get because of the DRM and antipirating stuff, making the used game market less helpful to people who dont want to drop 60 dollars on everygame that comes out even ones that are older, without Microsoft themselves lowering the prices they control and validating the trade of used games.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Fri May 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Arkham Origins, a prequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, revealed a trailer:
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Maybe Sin Tzu will show up in this one?
cyberwuss

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:39 pm

I need this for PC or something, just found out about it today lol.

EDIT: found something close

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206500/
cyberwuss

Previous

Return to Open Forum