Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Lets all go to the ARCADE! Video game news!

Non-TF related Conversations

Lets all go to the ARCADE! Video game news!

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:35 am

I will start this clone of the movie news thread with video game news about an upcoming free PC/windows game that is a crossover between the classic capcom games Megaman and Street Fighter, this one has me hyped up for it so I will start with a video of the hardest part I remember from any mega man game, the rock monster from the first mega man game ever for NES, the original. This is the one that I couldn't beat and haven't taken the time to replay to win because of his near impossible attacks to dodge, I probly could have done it with 2 or 3 weeks of practice but I didn't have the patience for that at the time haha.

Anyway the games are insanely cool most of the time, but also insanely hard, my favorite and one of the few I have defeated is Megaman X (the first one in the X series).

Basically in this one X was a prototype robot discovered in a time capsule that was used to make more robots, he is the title Megaman hero of this one. Eventually all of the robots turn against humanity but a few of them, only 2 of which can have hope to win against the more powerful ones who are now evil.

The end fight against Sigma, specifically where he uses a lightsaber to chase Megaman X in a parkour like level will always be a classic to me and one of the harder levels I've won in a game, the setup is quite punishing in most of these, I remember before the lightsaber parkour fight, you had to win against Sigma's pet wolf robot, and it uses checkpoint system with no in level saving, and there are only a few ways to recover health energy, so if the wolf had you too weak chances of beating the Terminator version of Darth Vader, with parkour on his side, was pretty low :p

Here are the links, first is video of rock monster from megaman 1, second is a link to the announcement for the new free game.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/bl ... ecember-17

EDIT:

Decided to add a video of the parkour lightsaber level I mentioned, its a classic :D

The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Re: Lets all go to the ARCADE! Video game news!

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:29 pm

This game looks amazing...
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Though it probably isn't coming to the U.S. anytime soon, I'm excited about this game:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:45 am

Seen a few trailers for the injustice one, the idea for the story is pretty great, Sabrblade's link didn't show up properly, said the video was private and when trying to watch on youtube said the same thing, and the letters are all japanese so hard to tell what actual title is in English.

Not exactly news, but I've been playing a "social game" that only requires a browser and adobe flash, but it is actually pretty good. It should run on most low end computers with a half decent internet connection, they are constantly adding stuff all the time as well.

There is a facebook version, but that is usually harder because bonus points come from visiting ally mansions with daily rewards, and on the official site version you don't have to have facebook friends who can see your personal info.

On the facebook version I have about 3 friends in the game, I don't use facebook much and only have about 10 family members and good friends on it and only 3 of those are allies.

The official playdom one however, plenty of players will ask to be your ally as soon as you join and get into it.

It is named after Marvel's Avengers, but actually contains are large roster of other Marvel heros that expands with new updates from time to time.

Here is the link to the main website, accounts are free, no personal info is given out to allies like on facebook, and bonus points are much easier to get for a better experience, there are also a few other features not present in the facebook one in the official version.

http://www.playdom.com/games/avengers

It has been out since a little after the Avengers movie was in theaters, the facebook version is featured on some of the Avengers dvds as a commercial before the menu comes up, its officially licensed by Marvel.

The idea of the game is sort of like the way pokemon games play, but a little mixed in with ideas from other RPG style games, like final fantasy from NES/SNES.

There is a story mode and an asynchronous pvp mode, which basically means, the pvp you go up against other players heros and "agent" character who is just a SHIELD agent of their design, (everyone makes one as their main management character) that are controlled by the computer over the internet, so basically, you aren't fighting them actually, just their heros and what levels and stats they have, though it is still quite fun to PvP and doing so unlocks rare items and heros, if you rank high enough.

Gameplay is very much similar to old final fantasy, the fights are up to 3 vs 3, but will be less if one side doesnt have enough to fill up the 3. It is turn based, so you dont need reflexes, you have some time to think about what you will do (reason I called it "like pokemon") there is an item store and a uniform customization system, where you can add "iso" which is kind of like kryptonite from superman, but the effects are generally good for uniforms, and has positive benefits when you insert into uniform for use. So if you have red iso it usually makes attacking better, yellow iso improves defense, etc.

There are many of heroes in it right now, I will try to find a list, the game is very well put together, when the Transformers: FOC vote was up for Spike TV awards I also voted for a couple of other games I like, I only have the demo of Torchlight 2, but the full version looks great and I plan to buy it ones some bugs are patched out, its fairly cheap at about 20 dollars, and I also voted for this Marvel game and Transformers: FOC.

The game won the Spike TV award for "best social game of the year" I think it was.

Anyway, I will post some links that further describe the game in more detail, and try also to find a list of heroes currently in the game and maybe a video from someone on youtube showing what it looks like to play, I've been talking about this for a bit in the whats everyone doing thread and the name is "Marvel Avengers Alliance"

EDIT:

here is a wikipedia link about it, there is a basic overview of the game and a roster of Marvel heroes currently in it as well as some upcoming ones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel:_Avengers_Alliance

EDIT2:

this is a video of the gameplay in the last PvP tournament they had, season 2 (best reward was Cable, from Xmen, before that season 1 reward was Deadpool) honestly I am starting to wish Hasbro had gone with a playdom social game instead of either the Jagex MMO or the bot shots browser flash game. A transformers game more in this line of thinking would have been perfect!

I hope Jagex can pull out something good from their TF game upcoming, but I still have my doubts as I have played their game RuneScape in the past, which is their flagship game and best known title. RuneScape is sort of like The Sims online, but with fantasy characters and a simple combat system. It so overcrowded with players that the servers are usually incredibly slow (you have a better chance on the free until level 20 version of World of Warcraft) and RuneScape is already 3d, but not as high tech I think as the TF Universe will be, which translates into bad news for people who already have slower computers without very decent video cards, like Sabrblade's computer that can't play Transformers: FOC... a video card that big probably won't be needed for the Jagex game, but even so, it will still have to be a decent video card, and most people have a below average one from a cheaper walmart computer or similar one that is even older than a walmart computer out this year. All that adds up to, the playerbase of TF Universe will be both disenchanted by how slow the gameplay is over the internet (current videos of gameplay would only be from within Jagex company's own LAN, and don't represent what it will be like for real players over the actual internet) and also many won't be able to even try it because of lack of a decent video card.

So overall, I doubt Jagex can pull it off, hope to be surprised by them, but highly doubt it will happen... and wish Hasbro would have gone with a game like this instead of the botshots one.

EDIT3: the youtube video I posted has no sound, I must mention the real one has pretty good sound, though the only music right now is a fairly overused but still decent background orchestral music, they stick with one mp3 for the orchestral so that the game can load faster (in fact the flash loads in about 20 seconds on initial load with my 300Kb/s DSL internet, and after that loading time is faster, about 3 or 4 seconds since the flash app is already downloaded.

Also forgot to mention that the number of allies I have on the playdom version is about 200, even though I just started playing late last week on that version, I have by comparison, been on the facebook one since late August or early September.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Hey, I just started playing that game on Facebook this past weekend!
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Hey, I just started playing that game on Facebook this past weekend!

Hrm, I am usually very shy about my true identity as far as Facebook goes, given people on friendlist can see photos of you even if other people tagged them with your name, but since you are already somewhat known to me from this forum, I wouldn't mind having you as a facebook ally for the sake of increased shield points (daily ally mansion visits) or gifting help.

If you are interested PM me and I will give details so that we can make an Avengers Alliance!

Also, if you get involved with the playdom.com version, I highly recommend it, the increased allies available really help alot, making the leveling go easier, the facebook one is more challening and fun because of the difficulty though, I play both versions so I can get both experiences!

Also, if you ever need any tips on gameplay, PM me for that too, if you wind up on facebook ally list don't worry, I don't send any messages to people I don't know and even family members usually I only reply when asked a question, in other words I won't spam you with anything but daily gifts. IN a minute I will get my playdom account profile link in case you decide to join there, on facebook my agent is about to be lvl 60, on playdom I just started late last week, so about lvl 16 atm.

EDIT: I suggest always making silver league in the pvp seasons when you get the chance, it gives 100,000 silver no matter how good you do, just for fighting once in pvp.

Here is my playdom profile link, not sure if it will be visible without playdom account.

https://www.playdom.com/games/avengers/ ... 1022411773

EDIT2: just checked, you can only see the playdom profile if you have an account there.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:43 pm

I think I'll stick with the Facebook one for now. How do you do all that alliance/mansion stuff? As I said, I just started last weekend, so I'm relatively unfamiliar with the game. I also have not unlocked PVP yet, I only have to beat Mission 4 before I do
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Wing Saber wrote:I think I'll stick with the Facebook one for now. How do you do all that alliance/mansion stuff? As I said, I just started last weekend, so I'm relatively unfamiliar with the game. I also have not unlocked PVP yet, I only have to beat Mission 4 before I do

You have to get either someone new to the game you invited or someone already in the game to accept an alliance invitation who is also your facebook friend. I just set my facebook to allow people to look me up by email, I will PM the facebook email I use on that version so you can add me if you want, if you have questions about the game probly easier for me to answer on facebook with a PM there.

Once you have friends in your friendbar at the bottom of flight deck (one of them will be your profile, and you start with a fake AI friend that tutors you, Tony Stark) you click on the image with their name and icon and there is a visit option, it will open up a place you can click around in their mantion and recieve daily rewards, the only one that won't come back every day is the distress call, and it will come back if you have used that person's call already.

My facebook wall says I started in late September this year on the game, I didn't get heavy into it until pvp season 1, and started about a week late for that, but have been playing pretty well since then. pvp season 1 was early October, so I probly been playing alot since October 10th.

About to PM you my facebook email for friend lookup.

EDIT: If you need to blackmail me for shield points or something and I dont respond after a while just sent a PM to my sister on my friendlist, she will "keep me in line"

Also, this site is handy: http://forum.playdom.com/forumdisplay.p ... -%28MAA%29
cyberwuss

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:06 pm

New developer interview from gamespot about Street Fighter X Megaman:

http://www.gamespot.com/street-fighter- ... n-6401619/

Download will be up next week, the video explains more on that.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:35 pm

THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE
Bungie released the first video for their new game franchise: Destiny
It honestly looks like it will be even better than Halo (Time will tell)

Wing Saber

Next

Return to Open Forum