Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Favorite Music

Non-TF related Conversations

Favorite Music

Postby Lord Megatron » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 am

Though this is starting to get a little repeticious, I figured I might as well ask you all what your favorite bands are. Be sure to list your favorite bands as well as album titles and names of songs.

Mine are as follows:

1.Dream Theater
Genre: Progressive
Albums:Octavarium, Images and Words, Awake, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance, Black Clouds & Silver Linings, Systematic Chaos, Metropolis, Scenes from a Memory, Falling Into Infinite.

Favorite Song: Hands down for Octivarium, It's a great song and if you're willing to sit and listen to it's story for the 24 1/2 minutes that the songs lasts, I think you'll enjoy it! It has the good, the bad and the in between, which makes it the perfect medium of any of the Dream Theater songs. Give it a listen if you get the chance!

2.Tool
3.A Perfect Circle
4.U2
5.Avenged Sevenfold
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Re: Favorite Music

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:09 am

Oh, this is hard.

The one I've listen to the most and have been to the most concerts would have to be Steven Curtis Chapman.

But, I enjoy a number of others as well. Usually the music I've listened to the most would be Christian music, and J-Pop (which tend to mainly be themes from various anime).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:20 am

Sabrblade wrote:Oh, this is hard.

The one I've listen to the most and have been to the most concerts would have to be Steven Curtis Chapman.

But, I enjoy a number of others as well. Usually the music I've listened to the most would be Christian music, and J-Pop (which tend to mainly be themes from various anime).

I'm not sure if you've seen it already but have you seen "Serial Experiments Lain"?
It's a great anime consisting of 13 episodes as it takes a journey deep inside the human conciousness through conspiracy, cyberpunk literature, and philosophy.

HIGHLY RECOMENDED
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:53 pm

I love all kinds of music, I'd give you surf song titles and band names but I make compilations of various bands and don't just stick to one specific band except maybe Dick Dale or maybe The Ventures.

Currently, ever since I got it, I listen to Battlestar Galactica's Season 3 soundtrack. My favorite tracks are:

Storming New Caprica
Violence and Variations
Battlestar Sonatica
Fight Night
Mandala In The Clouds
Heeding The Call
All Along The Watchtower (new version recorded for the show- super excellent!)

Other than this I've started listening to Nrivana's Unplugged album, that whole album is great.

I like classic rock, soul, classical, modern rock- anything really. As long as it's got a catchy tune and words that inspire then please give me a copy. :lol:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby mightwork » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:18 am

Greenday

'nuff said
mightwork

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:57 am

Mine would be various Christian genres (such as Christian rap and Christian rock) and Classical (Such as Don't Stop Believin' and Under Pressure)
As for artists:
Manafest
Lacrae
Skillet
Journey
Casting Crowns
Chris Daughtry
Elvis
The Foundations
Jason Upton
Kris Allen
Owl City
The Temptations
TobyMac
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:29 pm

I live in Alabama, where there are mostly country channels, and don't really buy much music or look up the stuff on the radio on youtube. I do youtube lots of movie themes, like Transformers and Lord of the Rings soundtracks though. Anyway I mostly do listen to country since that is where I live lol! Here are some things I listen to sometimes:

LInkin Park - most of the old stuff (like from hybrid theory or whatever the album was) and some of the newer from transformers and a few scattered songs (like "leave out all the rest"
all in all big linkin park fan.

Chris Daughtry - "September", "What about Now", "Crashed" (I think that is the name of the song)

A few five for fighting songs - superman/other popular ones

Heart, from the 80s (the girl rock group) - pretty much most of the stuff you hear, but favorite song from them is "Never" probably my favorite 80s music is from heart

Roxette - most of the popular songs from them too that come on radio alot

lots of other classic 80s stuff like the cars/journey/foreigner etc

3 doors down - most of their stuff is good but the one I like best is the one done for the geico Caveman "Let me be myself"

Duran Duran - "ordinary world"

There is a ton of country music I listen too, and I listen to most music that isn't too expletive or just repeating 3 words over and over type things (black eyed peas, I hate them :<)

Some of my favorite country people to listen too, won't list songs since they are too long to list and also won't go into too much detail, but usually country songs that aren't "party songs" for the most part I like.

Reba McEntire
George Strait
Alabama

tons of others - list is too long really but I might compile a better one later

also I listen to some of the 90s/2000s rock and alternative type music:

Staind
Fuel - mostly "Won't back down" from Daredevil soundtrack and "Innocent" but also others are good from the time when Brett Scallions or whatever was lead singer
a few Evanescence songs

Some of the movie themes I listen to are:

Breaking of the Fellowship - Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

various scifi and superhero stuff like - Terminator Theme, Superman Theme, etc.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Oh, and for the topic starter, I guess I can throw in U2 - "with or without you" and "city of blinding lights" I like from them pretty well.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Blademan91 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:50 pm

Name: Ozzy Osbourne
Genre: Its Ozzy, which genre do you think he's in.
Albums: I only have Blizzard of Ozz and Scream

Skillet
Three Days Grace
Weird Al
NSYNC and BSB (dont judge me)

And of course I cant forget Martin O'Donnell for his awesome job with the music for Halo.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Stan Bush
Kōji Wada
JAM Project
Psychic Lover
Ayumi Miyazaki
Sonar Pocket
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Open Forum