Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:21 pm

You know who I really, really want to make an appearance, that would fit with the theme of the show and Olvier's current change, but would be very, VERY unlikely?

Rorchach. That's who. RORSHACH.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:49 pm

This episode establishes the vigilante's new name as "the Arrow".

And, apparently, Malcolm Merlyn was a member of the League of Assassins.

But, like the Nolan Batman films, they got Ra's al Ghul's name wrong. :-( :x :evil:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Sabrblade wrote:But, like the Nolan Batman films, they got Ra's al Ghul's name wrong. :-( :x :evil:

I think we'd better face this beign the new pronouciation. It looks like it's going to stick.
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Was sad to see Slade get burned out that fast, I really enjoy the flashbacks as a main part of the show and the Slade awesomeness never gets old.

Hopefully he returns in his Teen Titans cyborg mode soon.

The League of Shadows and Ras hopefully will make up for it.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:But, like the Nolan Batman films, they got Ra's al Ghul's name wrong. :-( :x :evil:

I think we'd better face this beign the new pronouciation. It looks like it's going to stick.
Beware the Batman got it right, though.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Beware the Batman got it right, though.

That's not nearly as popular (to my awareness) as the Nolan trilogy or Arrow. Even TAS isn't quite as popular. The Public primarily knows him as the mispronounced version.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Beware the Batman got it right, though.

That's not nearly as popular (to my awareness) as the Nolan trilogy or Arrow. Even TAS isn't quite as popular. The Public primarily knows him as the mispronounced version.
TAS was the face of the Batman media for over a decade. People know of it and remember it well.

And I'd bet the average viewer wouldn't know or care about how his name is said (which is pretty sad), while those who do care enough about it tend to favor the proper "Raysh" al Ghul pronunciation.

Also, Young Justice, Arkham City, The Brave and the Bold, Under the Red Hood, Dark Tomorrow, and DC Universe Online all got his name right. Out of every place that has ever spoken his name aloud, only the Nolan films, the Begins video game (understandibly), and Arrow are the ones that ever mispronounced it.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote: 1. I think it's going to be Laurel's sister. After all, Laurel was saying that her sister had a canary that would never shut up
I think it would make more sense to have the actress who played Sarah be Black Canary (and not tell us viewers to keep it a secret for a long as possible) if they were going to do that, but it isn't the same actress.

I do love rubbing it in when I'm right.

Some predictions based on tonights episode:
1. The other CEO of Queen consolidated is Talia Al Ghul
2. Bane is going to make an appearacne. at the end, Blood says "We need an army of the strong" and injects a strange green liquid into The Mayor. I think Bane will be a test subject

Other things I noticed:
When Sarah asked about Slade, Oliver dodged the question
This is the second time they've brought up the Particle Accelerator
Blood's mask looked a lot like Scarecrow. Could be a coincidence, could be foreshadowing to something in the future.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:23 pm

I haven't watched the episode yet (just got home from work), but I found out about you're being right a few weeks back when I noticed that one of the original articles gave away her identity and we just didn't see it.

Though, that they're just calling her "the Canary" instead of "Black Canary" feels a little off-putting, unless they're saving that name for Laurel.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:45 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I haven't watched the episode yet (just got home from work), but I found out about you're being right a few weeks back when I noticed that one of the original articles gave away her identity and we just didn't see it.

Though, that they're just calling her "the Canary" instead of "Black Canary" feels a little off-putting, unless they're saving that name for Laurel.

It's the same thing they're doing with Oliver ( "The Arrow" instead of "Green Arrow")
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum