Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:10 pm

And next week we get a full look at Razzle Ghoul's League of Assassins. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Well, I'm glad to see they are making off well with this show at a fast pace in season 2, seems like SHIELD is going to be a drag out type thing where they don't show much awesome until ratings improve, while the people behind Arrow are doing better with their stuff.

Bane would be awesome to see, I was confused about the chemicals though, was that supposed to be Scarecrow?

The confusion is over the fact that he looks like a bodybuilder, most of the past Scarecrow types have been skinny little guys (like in Batman Begins/most of the toons)
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 pm

cyberwuss wrote:Bane would be awesome to see, I was confused about the chemicals though, was that supposed to be Scarecrow?

The confusion is over the fact that he looks like a bodybuilder, most of the past Scarecrow types have been skinny little guys (like in Batman Begins/most of the toons)

No. That was Brother Blood.

Though, I think Bane will be one of his test subjects. He said they needed "an army of the strong" and then injected a guy with a glowing green liquid.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Some folks are hoping/wishing that this show would tie into the Nolan Batman films, and while that would be cool, they seem to want to do what they did with Smallville and make this show its own continuity (unless they decide to retcon it into the Man of Steel/Superman vs. Batman/Justice League continuity).

One crucial difference between the Nolan films and this show is that Ra's al Ghul's organization in those films was the "League of Shadows", while this show has it referred to be by its original comics name of the "League of Assassins".

As an aside, the name of this group gets more inconsistent across the media than the name of its master does. :P

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:40 am

Sabrblade wrote:Some folks are hoping/wishing that this show would tie into the Nolan Batman films, and while that would be cool, they seem to want to do what they did with Smallville and make this show its own continuity (unless they decide to retcon it into the Man of Steel/Superman vs. Batman/Justice League continuity).

One crucial difference between the Nolan films and this show is that Ra's al Ghul's organization in those films was the "League of Shadows", while this show has it referred to be by its original comics name of the "League of Assassins".

As an aside, the name of this group gets more inconsistent across the media than the name of its master does. :P

Sorry, last time I heard them call it League of Assassins was in Batman Beyond, haven't been following the toons for a while since :(
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:53 am

cyberwuss wrote:Sorry, last time I heard them call it League of Assassins was in Batman Beyond, haven't been following the toons for a while since :(
That was the "Society of Assassins" in Batman Beyond.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Some folks are hoping/wishing that this show would tie into the Nolan Batman films, and while that would be cool, they seem to want to do what they did with Smallville and make this show its own continuity (unless they decide to retcon it into the Man of Steel/Superman vs. Batman/Justice League continuity).

No way the Nolan thing would work. After what happened in Gotham, the police force in Starling City would likely be much less hostile towards vigilantes.

I could seriously see this fitting with Man of Steel though. The only error is "Why haven't people mentioned the fact that aliens invaded?" to which there are two solutions:
1. This is still set before the events of Man of Steel
2. Starling City is a little busy with it's own crisis at the moment

Something I think would be cool is if in one episode, General Zod's broadcast comes on all of the tvs. Maybe at the end of an episode or something. Maybe have a cameo with Henry Cavill's Superman in the next episode (possibly a season finale) leading into an appearence in Justice League (or a cameo in Batman vs Superman)
Wing Saber

Postby Agent X » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:29 pm

From my understanding of what has been said and rumored about Batman Superman and Arrow,
It appears that Warrner Brothers is possibly going to tie them together.

Why:
1) Older Batman suggesting he was already active before the arrival of Superman (like in the New 52)
2) leaked concept art for both Nightwing and Batgirl. While just concept art, it does suggest a preexisting Bat-Family
3) perpetual rumor of Nightwing appearing on Arrow
4) Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen) recent hinting at more JLA characters appearing in Arrow, and Arrow characters being in the possible JLA movie
5) past embargoes on characters. WBs has in the past prevented active series form using story elements form developing future projects to prevent confusion. This would be the Bat-embargo that prevented Batman related characters form appearing in latter JL and JLU episodes due to the WB The Batman and Nolan movie development. Additionally there was the Aquaman-embargo preventing the use of Blackmanta in JLU due to the (failed) development of Mercy Reef. Now it is possible policy has changed due to need of catching up with Marvel.

Wing Saber wrote:I could seriously see this fitting with Man of Steel though. The only error is "Why haven't people mentioned the fact that aliens invaded?" to which there are two solutions:
1. This is still set before the events of Man of Steel
2. Starling City is a little busy with it's own crisis at the moment

An alternative to this is that if Arrow is part of a larger DC cinematic universe, Arrow takes place before Superman arrives. Which again seems to be how it is in the New 52.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Also, rumour has it that Barry Allen (not as Flash, just as Barry Allen) will appear in Supes/Bats, played by the same actor set to play him in Arrow.
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:38 pm

And this week:
MALCOLM MERLYN IS BACK! OH YES! You truly cannot kill Captain Jack Harkness!
Wing Saber

Previous

Return to Open Forum