Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:26 am

Wing Saber wrote:I don't get it, is it a Power Rangers joke?
His character was named "Tommy Oliver" and he was the original Green Ranger, who was the first ever Sixth Ranger.

He (both the actor and his character) is also arguably the most famous/popular/renown/etc. PR actor/character of all time, having been a total of five different Rangers throughout his appearances on the show. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:31 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:I don't get it, is it a Power Rangers joke?
His character was named "Tommy Oliver" and he was the original Green Ranger, who was the first ever Sixth Ranger.

He (both the actor and his character) is also arguably the most famous/popular/renown/etc. PR actor/character of all time, having been a total of five different Rangers throughout his appearances on the show. ;)

Ah, well that makes sense then.
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:14 pm

I still like Slade Wilson, looks like Steve Blackman from WWF days :p, fights like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, has strength like the Tick by Ben Edlund lol, and laughs like Bill Cosby.

http://hooplanow.com/2012/11/15/cos-eff ... uragement/
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
User avatar
cyberwuss
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:43 pm
Location: Greenpond, Alabama

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:45 am

Summer Glau is joining the cast for season 2 - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-summer-glau-joins-season-582563

Caity Lotz is going to play Black Canary in season 2 - http://www.newsarama.com/18417-report-the-cw-s-arrow-casts-black-canary.html

Season 2 trailer:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:49 am

So much awesome in such a short video

So Black Canary will arrive
It's assumed that Roy Harper will be Red Arrow
'The Hood' finally becomes Green Arrow
Oliver has quit, and something brings him back
His company is failing.

The Green Arrow Rises
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Wing Saber wrote:So Black Canary will arrive
Strangely, considering how Laurel (A.K.A. "Dinah Laurel Lance") is supposed to be Black Canary's civilian identity, while someone else is gonna play Black Canary as a different person. :?

Kinda like how they had Wintergreen/Bishop in the Deathstroke suit instead of Slade Wilson. :|

Wing Saber wrote:'The Hood' finally becomes Green Arrow
Or maybe just "Arrow". ;)

Also, "Starling City" looks to be nicknamed "Scar City". Wonder if it'll ever get renamed to its proper comic name of "Star City".
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Strangely, considering how Laurel (A.K.A. "Dinah Laurel Lance") is supposed to be Black Canary's civilian identity, while someone else is gonna play Black Canary as a different person. :?

Kinda like how they had Wintergreen/Bishop in the Deathstroke suit instead of Slade Wilson. :|

1. I think it's going to be Laurel's sister. After all, Laurel was saying that her sister had a canary that would never shut up
2. Remember, Deathstroke also had a mask. I think he'll suit up as Deathstroke before this season ends.

Sabrblade wrote:Or maybe just "Arrow". ;)

I would be angry if they did that. They've already hinted at it in the past, and when he decides what he wants to be called he looks at an arrow that just so happens to be green.
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Wing Saber wrote:1. I think it's going to be Laurel's sister. After all, Laurel was saying that her sister had a canary that would never shut up
I think it would make more sense to have the actress who played Sarah be Black Canary (and not tell us viewers to keep it a secret for a long as possible) if they were going to do that, but it isn't the same actress.

Wing Saber wrote:2. Remember, Deathstroke also had a mask. I think he'll suit up as Deathstroke before this season ends.
Maybe.

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Or maybe just "Arrow". ;)

I would be angry if they did that. They've already hinted at it in the past, and when he decides what he wants to be called he looks at an arrow that just so happens to be green.
We'll see.

Doesn't help that some TV programming guide descriptions have referred to Oliver vigilante identity as "Arrow" for certain season 1 episodes (despite said episodes giving him no other name than "the Hood" or "the Vigilante").
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I think it would make more sense to have the actress who played Sarah be Black Canary (and not tell us viewers to keep it a secret for a long as possible) if they were going to do that, but it isn't the same actress.

5 years have passed since then. It's not uncommon for a new actress to portray a slightly older version of a character.
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Discussion of the CW TV show "Arrow"

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I think it would make more sense to have the actress who played Sarah be Black Canary (and not tell us viewers to keep it a secret for a long as possible) if they were going to do that, but it isn't the same actress.

5 years have passed since then. It's not uncommon for a new actress to portray a slightly older version of a character.
That's also if Sarah survived. She didn't get into the lifeboat with the others, of which only Oliver survived.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest