Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

DC Nation

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: DC Nation

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:26 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=76474

:shock:

Though, this is far from a guarantee.

However, should it come to pass, then this would be the first time the the Greg Weisman curse would have ever been broken.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:49 pm

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Then again, let's hope this doesn't become a common in trend in which large companies would only make quality shows if the consumers cover all the developmental costs that the companies themselves could afford on their own. The big thing about this being a possibility is that Warner Bros would be spending money from our pockets instead of their own to make this happen, and that feels a bit of a cheat.

"Oh, sure, we'll continue the show... for a price, heh heh." :-(

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:50 pm

From Jason Spisak, voice actor of Razer in GL and Kid Flash in YJ:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:12 pm

What are Blue Lanterns powered by?
I know Green is will and Yellow is fear
Wing Saber

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:19 pm

I believe Blue is hope. :)
Unicron fan

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:44 pm

[quote="wingsaber"]what are blue lanterns powered by anyway[\quote]
Here's the list

Green is courage
Yellow is fear
blue is hope
orange is greed
red is anger
Black is death
white is life (i think)
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Officially:
  • Red Lantern Corps - Rage
  • Agent Orange - Avarice
  • Sinestro Corps (yellow) - Fear
  • Green Lantern Corps - Willpower
  • Blue Lantern Corps - Hope
  • Indigo Tribe - Compassion
  • Star Sapphires (violet) - Love -- though, the cartoon depicted them as more of a pink color
  • Black Lantern Corps - Death
  • White Lantern Corps - Life

Though, the notion that Jason Spisak, a notable voice actor from both shows, posted a video with suggested hopeful implications, could relate to hopefully good news about the two series. We can hope. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:09 pm

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Beware the Batman finally premiered on DC Nation yesterday morning. I caught the first episode and... I liked it.

Granted, it's no Batman: TAS, but it's not supposed to be. The art style reminded me a lot of Green Lantern, and that's a plus since I really dug that show's look. I honestly wouldn't mind any future crossover between the two if they were to both occupy the same world.

This Batman is pretty good at evoking the cool factor of previous versions. It's a younger Bruce much like those of Batman Begins and The Batman, but with a far keener since of observation and awareness, what with him being able to spot what that crook was armed with and how much ammo he had, despite neither being evident to the audience until he pointed out both. Very Sherlock Holmes-ish and fitting for a Batman whose "World's Greatest Detective" aspect is to be emphasized. The voice also reminds me a bit of Rino Romano's Batman, but with the mannerisms not too dissimilar to Kevin Conroy's Batman.

Alfred is very different, but in an interesting way. Instead of just being Bruce's father figure, he's also Bruce's combat mentor, training Bruce regularly to perfect his skills, senses, and prowess for each battle. His wanting to protect Bruce is really spotlighted here,as he desires to fight in the field alongside Bruce, which Bruce doesn't permit for obvious reasons. He also seems to have come out of MI6 more recently than most other Alfred portrayals, as he and others speak of it as a still-relevant topic. It looks like this could be one of the most active Alfred's we've ever gotten in a Batman toon.

With this being my first exposure to the characters of Professor Pyg and Mister Toad, and having no prior attachment to the two, I found them to be decent villains. Nothing too special, but compelling enough to keep me interested. Pyg seems to be a guy in a mask, while Toad is... um, an anthropomorphic toad? Hope they elaborate on his backstory at some point. For a good while, Pyg's voice sounded like Tim Curry, but it's really Brian George.

Though we didn't really see a whole lot of her, nor did we see her as Katana, Tatsu was introduced as Bruce's newly-hired bodyguard and driver. Wonder if she was already let in on the secret identity or if she'll come to find out at some point. Either way, Sumalee Montano does a convincing enough Japanese accent.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum