Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

How often do you go to Walt Disney World?

Non-TF related Conversations

How often do you go to Walt Disney World?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 am

I've been wondering. How often do any of you go to Walt Disney World? NOT Disneyland (which is in California), Disney World, the Orlando, Florida resort.

This question doesn't specifically refer to how often you go visit the Magic Kingdom (the main park that often gets referred to as "Disney World"), but rather, it's asking how often you go to the resort itself. Meaning any of the four main parks:
  • Magic Kingdom
  • Epcot
  • Disney Hollywood Studios
  • Animal Kingdom
Or any other part:
  • Downtown Disney
  • Blizzard Beach
  • Typhoon Lagoon
  • Disney's Wide World of Sports
  • other

I personally go to Disney World at least once every year. Specifically, I go to attend an event that takes place once every year on the second weekend of September (the weekend after Labor Day) called Night of Joy.

With that said, how often do any of you go to Disney World? Do any of you attend Night of Joy too?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: How often do you go to Walt Disney World?

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 am

I'd like to have gone, but sadly Missouri is kinda weak in the entertainment department. I've never been to a Disney Land but my parents have, I believe. I've heard that its pretty cool.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:15 pm

Lord Megatron wrote:I'd like to have gone, but sadly Missouri is kinda weak in the entertainment department. I've never been to a Disney Land but my parents have, I believe. I've heard that its pretty cool.
Disneyland or Disney World? Cuz I'm referring to the Orlando, FL park. Land is in CA while World is in FL.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Lord Megatron wrote:I'd like to have gone, but sadly Missouri is kinda weak in the entertainment department. I've never been to a Disney Land but my parents have, I believe. I've heard that its pretty cool.
Disneyland or Disney World? Cuz I'm referring to the Orlando, FL park. Land is in CA while World is in FL.

Oops! Sorry about that, I meant Disney World!
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Never been to World, but have been to Land a couple of times. I think the last time I went was over 10 years ago. I don't know if I would ever go to either again- unless I had relatives from out of town or something, maybe when the new Star Tours opens. I definately would like to ride that.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby DocWho » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:39 pm

I live all the way in New York, so very rarely. But I did visit recently, and plan to do so soon.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 pm

DocWho wrote:I live all the way in New York, so very rarely. But I did visit recently, and plan to do so soon.
Just how "soon" are we talking here? Cuz, there's a possibility that I may be going to Night of Joy at Disney's Hollywood Studios, which is happening the weekend following this coming Labor Day.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby DocWho » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Just how "soon" are we talking here? Cuz, there's a possibility that I may be going to Night of Joy at Disney's Hollywood Studios, which is happening the weekend following this coming Labor Day.

Try in about a year, considering I'm not talking to my dad. :lol: But if you go a lot, we could probably meet up.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:44 pm

DocWho wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Just how "soon" are we talking here? Cuz, there's a possibility that I may be going to Night of Joy at Disney's Hollywood Studios, which is happening the weekend following this coming Labor Day.

Try in about a year, considering I'm not talking to my dad. :lol: But if you go a lot, we could probably meet up.
I tend to. At least once every year, at Night of Joy (which, as of last year, is currently being held at Disney's Hollywood Studios, instead of Magic Kingdom as it had been previously).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Robticon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Even though I live in the Orlando area, I don't really visit Disney World that often, myself. Though, now that my sister will be working at Disney World, I'll be going as often as I can. :mrgreen:
Robticon

Next

Return to Open Forum