Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

anime thread

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: anime thread

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Was anybody else disappointed with air
ironrod prime

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 pm

haven't seen it yet, I want to see Howl's moving castle though. I read the book it was good.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Now im watching aquarion and so far it's pretty good. before that i watched angelic layer wich was fantastic.
ironrod prime

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm

On the last two episodes of black cat. Pretty good show if not a bit cliche
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Does anyone else remember the anime Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Does anyone else remember the anime Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
It wasn't an anime. It was made by the same guys who made the old Teen Titans cartoon and Transformers Animated.

I remember it, but I wish I had gotten to see more of it. It aired on Jetix during a bad time for me that made it difficult for me to catch the shows airing on that block back then.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Finished watching black lagoon awhile back. Two words watch it :P
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:14 am

Sabrblade wrote:It wasn't an anime. It was made by the same guys who made the old Teen Titans cartoon and Transformers Animated.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about it
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! (commonly known by its initialism, SRMTHFG) is an American/Japanese animated television series, and was created by Ciro Nieli, one of the directors of Teen Titans, with animation being done by a Japanese studio known as The Answer Studio (who would later work on the Cartoon Network original series Transformers: Animated)

As is obvious from the visual appearance of the show, there is a significant anime influence present, despite being produced for American television
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Well if you ask me anime has more to do with style rather than the location in which it was made
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It wasn't an anime. It was made by the same guys who made the old Teen Titans cartoon and Transformers Animated.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about it
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! (commonly known by its initialism, SRMTHFG) is an American/Japanese animated television series, and was created by Ciro Nieli, one of the directors of Teen Titans, with animation being done by a Japanese studio known as The Answer Studio (who would later work on the Cartoon Network original series Transformers: Animated)

As is obvious from the visual appearance of the show, there is a significant anime influence present, despite being produced for American television
Neither of which claim it to be an anime. All it says is that the show was influenced by the anime style and animated by a Japanese studio.

"Being influenced" by something isn't the same as "being" that something.

Being animated in Japan isn't enough to make a cartoon be considered an anime, otherwise shows like The Transformers (G1), Animaniacs, Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Transformers Animated, Transformers: Prime, ThunderCats (2011-2012), and many other American cartoons would have to be considered anime.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum