Page 5 of 6

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:34 pm
by ironrod prime
Was anybody else disappointed with air

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 pm
by cyberwuss
haven't seen it yet, I want to see Howl's moving castle though. I read the book it was good.

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm
by ironrod prime
Now im watching aquarion and so far it's pretty good. before that i watched angelic layer wich was fantastic.

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm
by ironrod prime
On the last two episodes of black cat. Pretty good show if not a bit cliche

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 pm
by Wing Saber
Does anyone else remember the anime Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 pm
by Sabrblade
Wing Saber wrote:Does anyone else remember the anime Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
It wasn't an anime. It was made by the same guys who made the old Teen Titans cartoon and Transformers Animated.

I remember it, but I wish I had gotten to see more of it. It aired on Jetix during a bad time for me that made it difficult for me to catch the shows airing on that block back then.

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:26 pm
by ironrod prime
Finished watching black lagoon awhile back. Two words watch it :P

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:14 am
by Wing Saber
Sabrblade wrote:It wasn't an anime. It was made by the same guys who made the old Teen Titans cartoon and Transformers Animated.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about it
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! (commonly known by its initialism, SRMTHFG) is an American/Japanese animated television series, and was created by Ciro Nieli, one of the directors of Teen Titans, with animation being done by a Japanese studio known as The Answer Studio (who would later work on the Cartoon Network original series Transformers: Animated)

As is obvious from the visual appearance of the show, there is a significant anime influence present, despite being produced for American television

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:44 pm
by ironrod prime
Well if you ask me anime has more to do with style rather than the location in which it was made

Re: anime thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:51 pm
by Sabrblade
Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It wasn't an anime. It was made by the same guys who made the old Teen Titans cartoon and Transformers Animated.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about it
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! (commonly known by its initialism, SRMTHFG) is an American/Japanese animated television series, and was created by Ciro Nieli, one of the directors of Teen Titans, with animation being done by a Japanese studio known as The Answer Studio (who would later work on the Cartoon Network original series Transformers: Animated)

As is obvious from the visual appearance of the show, there is a significant anime influence present, despite being produced for American television
Neither of which claim it to be an anime. All it says is that the show was influenced by the anime style and animated by a Japanese studio.

"Being influenced" by something isn't the same as "being" that something.

Being animated in Japan isn't enough to make a cartoon be considered an anime, otherwise shows like The Transformers (G1), Animaniacs, Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Transformers Animated, Transformers: Prime, ThunderCats (2011-2012), and many other American cartoons would have to be considered anime.