Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

My dad is too strict with me.

Non-TF related Conversations

My dad is too strict with me.

Postby Trypticon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Alright let me know if this sounds strict too you. I am 16 years old going into my junior year in high school. I am on summer vacation and over half way done with it and my dad will not let me hang out with my friends. My friends are getting their licenses and picking up their friends and i want to go hang out with them but my dad will not let me go just because he does not know them. My other friends parents let them go hang out with their friends and drive them around and tehy dont know them. Do they worry about them yes but they want them to have fun and live up their summer my dad doesnt want me to hang out with friends who does not know or have them drive me around. I dont like him for that i feel like such a loser who has no life at all i want to go to high school football games and go to parties and i am not letting my dad drive me cause thats embarassing. Every one else is living up their summer but me when i cant fuckin do anything. Do you think this is right.
Trypticon

Re: My dad is too strict with me.

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Try starting to break the ice of the conflict by introducing your friends to you dad. Invite them over so they and your dad can meet and coverse, taking an opportunity to get to knpw each otehr better. Once a more fluid relationship forms between your friends and your dad, then he might warm up better to the idea letting you hang out with them.

At least you don't have the "anti-action figures" parents like I do. :roll:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Trypticon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:02 am

My dad is like that too he wouldt let me get any toys if i wanted any but i dont. But there is nothing to do at my house it sucks. I would much rather hang out with them and drive around instead. I remember this one night one of my friends drove me home from my friends house and this was just in the neighborhood and he got pist when he found out that som1 that he didnt know drove me home. everyone else goes out and has fun but me and go football games and concerts and fair and i am not asking my dad to drive me their.
Trypticon

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 am

As I said, have your dad and friends meet each other. Introduce them to him. Let them become better acquainted with each other so that he might warm up to them.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Trypticon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:32 pm

thx for the advice i appreciate it but i cant invite friends over to my house just because there is nothing to do and even if he did get to know them idk if hed let me go with im just because hed b woried bout an ciident i think he is too over protective. I wish my mom or grandma lived with me instead theyd let me go like i said i feel like a loser with no life.
Trypticon

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:37 pm

you'll never really know unless you try. If you can't invite them over, have them meet you and your dad somewhere. Like, have them all get together for lunch or something. Just try to get them to meet each other. At least get them all in the same place standing in front of each other. It's not that difficult.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Trypticon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:10 pm

all good ideas i dont like askign my dad for things he is just too aggressive with things and my dad would never go for this. Jealously hate and sadness fills up inside of me when i ever i see people on facebook saying we need to hang out soon or get together and they all going to fairs and that stuff.
Trypticon

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Sound more like to me that you're just trying to come up with excuses to do nothing to solve your problem. Complaining to others doesn't solve anything. Take some initiative. Be a little more assertive (not aggressive, assertive) and just do something to rectify this conflict.

I really hate to say this, but you're starting to sound like my sister. :|

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Open Forum