Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

favorite movies and new releases

Non-TF related Conversations

favorite movies and new releases

Postby PORTER » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:42 pm

so does anybody here have a top 5 movie list?
i know i do :D

1-lone wolf mcquade ;) ( two words: chuck-norris)
2-blues brothers 8-)
3-all the original star wars movies (IV,V,VI)
(i watch all three in the same day,so its like a HUGE movie) :ugeek:
4-enter the dragon
5-finding nemo ;) ( shut up, its a cool movie. it has a lot of character)

so, what do you guys and girls watch when you decide you wanna
see a movie?

peace-porter a.k.a megatron has a kitty kat
Attachments
adams drift.jpg
what do you guys think ? drift here took me 15-20 minites to do on paint.pm me your comments or quote
thanx-porter
i was bored.
PORTER

Re: favorite movies and new releases

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:55 am

well i dont have a top 5, i like lots of movies, but i do have a #1... Inception
Wing Saber

Postby PORTER » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:25 pm

i havent seen it is it as awesome as the trailer sets it out to be?
PORTER

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:30 am

PORTER wrote:i havent seen it is it as awesome as the trailer sets it out to be?

I think so. If you liked The Matrix, you'll probabley like it. but, if you dont pay attention, youll be confused.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:31 pm

PORTER wrote:i havent seen it is it as awesome as the trailer sets it out to be?
No, it is BETTER! 8-) You must be WIDE AWAKE when watching it and pay CLOSE attention to all of what is being said and done in the movie.

Inception is simply and monumentally EPIC!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
No, it is BETTER! 8-) You must be WIDE AWAKE when watching it and pay CLOSE attention to all of what is being said and done in the movie.

yeah, the very last scene left me confused though...
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

yeah, the very last scene left me confused though...
I talked to my brother about this scene and he's sure that it was reality at the end of the movie for one reason. In all the dreams, Cobb was wearing a wedding ring. In reality, he wasn't. In the last scene with his children, he was not wearing a wedding ring. So, this seems to be a good enough reason for me to also think it was reality at the end.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby PORTER » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:13 am

i just am going to say it

i dont like leonardo dicaprio

you all can hate me all you want
but, that is why im problably not going to see it

id rather see predators
or heck ive not seen iron man 2 yet

speaking of marvel has anyone else seen the images of what captain america looks like in his movie and hate it?

i hate ultimate caps look and the movie seems to know that.
PORTER

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm

PORTER wrote:i just am going to say it

i dont like leonardo dicaprio

you all can hate me all you want
but, that is why im problably not going to see it
I won't hate you, but I will say that that is a sad and sorry excuse for not seeing this masterpiece of a movie. Christopher Nolan has yet to disappoint me with any of his movies that I've seen.

As for Cap, nope, haven't seen his new look, so I can't comment.

Also, Iron Man 2 blew me away. I found it to be just as good as--maybe even better than-- the first movie.

IMO, the top 4 absolute must-see films of this year are:
  • Inception
  • Toy Story 3
  • Iron Man 2
  • Shrek Forever After

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:18 am

I like TONS of movies so this was hard for me as I don't usually sort things out by a list of favorites. I had to cheat a little by posting some whole sets of movies (like all three robocop films) but I like so many cheesy old special effects movies I just couldn't stick one from a set on the list and then leave out the others...

1.Transformers movies
2.Robocop movies
3.Ghostbusters movies
4.Big Trouble in Little China
5.James bond movies.

If I was choosing by specific classes of movies Id say this:

1.Robot movies
2.UFO ACTION/SCIFI (as opposed to stupid horror) style movies
3.Super hero movies
4.Martial arts movies
5.Big monster movies (godzilla/king kong for example)

Its easier for me to choose groups and not specific movies because its so hard to pick just one when you love an entire group of films (like superhero there have been tons of those that were good)

By scifi ufo I mean things like star trek and star wars and stargate are ok but invasion of the body snatchers I consider to be more horror oriented than scifi and I think those movies suck bigtime. I hate horror movies for their all out general lameness. Westerns are ok but I'm mostly oriented towards things with special effects like scifi/fantasy/spy movies. The closest I can get to a ufo horror style movie is Mars Attacks which I liked for its style and poking fun at the stupid horror ufo movies that are a waste of time. When I say big monster movies I like movies like godzilla and king kong (the old ones not the stupid remake of godzilla with matthew brodrick that was just gross). The main reason I can't stand horror movies I guess is because they don't scare me much at all especially the cheesier ones and the ones that actual history (world war 2 for example) is more scary than (nightmare on elm street/jason). It might be because they focus so much on gore and since I play lots of violent videogames for a long time it doesn't bother me so much as more realistic things like real life war and hospital shows in a national geographic might.
cyberwuss

Next

Return to Open Forum