Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Pacific Rim

Non-TF related Conversations

Pacific Rim

Postby Agent X » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:26 pm

I'll keep this spoiler free.

Let me start by saying I a big fan of Godzilla (I have all the movies) and Mecha (I have all of Gundam released in North America in addition to more anime)

This movie is (in my opinion) the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR.

There has only been two movie to bring tears to my eye, 1st was Revenge of the Sith when Aayla Secura was killed, 2nd was Transfomers (2007) when I heard Peter Cullen.

Now Pacific Rim joins them and has out done them, cause tears of joy kept flowing.

Can't wait for Godzilla
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Re: Pacific Rim

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:16 pm

I have heard that this movie is amazing. I want to see it so bad!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:31 pm

I've heard it be called the greatest Hollywood adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion without being an adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion. :P

I should probably check it out, myself. Still gotta see Monsters University, though (and maybe The Lone Ranger).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Blademan91 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:44 am

Having been raised on Godzilla and Gundam its a must see for me as well. I will say that the heroclix pieces are sculpted very well and are broken as all get out.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby mightwork » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:33 am

Pacific Rim is pretty much the most fun I've ever had at the movies! I'm trying to hunt down the NECA figures at the moment, because if there's one thing my shelves are missing it's a line of Jaegers and Kaijus!
mightwork

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:29 pm

I get tears of joy from Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime voice as KARR in Knight Rider, and the narrator in Warcraft 3, not to mention anything Transformers, especially Prime and Rescue Bots :D
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:33 pm

cyberwuss wrote:I get tears of joy from Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime voice as KARR in Knight Rider, and the narrator in Warcraft 3, not to mention anything Transformers, especially Prime and Rescue Bots :D
What does that have ANYTHING to do with this topic?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:I get tears of joy from Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime voice as KARR in Knight Rider, and the narrator in Warcraft 3, not to mention anything Transformers, especially Prime and Rescue Bots :D

Original Poster:
There has only been two movie to bring tears to my eye, 1st was Revenge of the Sith when Aayla Secura was killed, 2nd was Transfomers (2007) when I heard Peter Cullen.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 pm

cyberwuss wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Original Poster:
Then please quote the post (or part of the post) you are responding to so it looks less confusing.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Open Forum