Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Also, I just noticed something... TLA had three seasons, Water, Earth, and Fire... Now the first Season of LoK is Air, the only one TLA didn't have! :lol:
It fits since Aang learned Waterbending in Book 1, Earthbending in Book 2, Firebending in Book 3, and now Korra's trying to learn Airbending in this series' first season. ;)

I wonder what Book 2 of this series will be called. Maybe "Energy"? :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Did Tarlok just... :shock:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:13 am

Wing Saber wrote:Did Tarrlok just... :shock:
I know, right?

That was one of (if not the) darkest shows that Nickelodeon has ever done! And it was awesome!

So glad they didn't demonize Asami, even if she did get shafted in the end due to the cliched coupling of Mako with Korra, which EVERYONE saw coming a mile and a half away. :roll:

The way it ended was so finite that it all could have ended right there and then. They didn't really try to leave much open for the next season to expand upon. It all pretty much wrapped up right nicely. When they said that season 2 came up as a later extension, they sure did mean it.

Can't wait for what the rest of the series holds. :D

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:That was one of (if not the) darkest shows that Nickelodeon has ever done! And it was awesome!

Well they do have to aim this show at an older audience. Most younger children probably haven't seen The Last Airbender, so I'd imagine this show is aimed at those who watched The Last Airbender and are now around my age or older rather than younger children.

Sabrblade wrote:So glad they didn't demonize Asami, even if she did get shafted in the end due to the cliched coupling of Mako with Korra, which EVERYONE saw coming a mile and a half away. :roll:

I knew it would happen, but I was still rooting for Bolin... I don't like Mako.

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Did Tarrlok just... :shock:
I know, right?
The way it ended was so finite that it all could have ended right there and then. They didn't really try to leave much open for the next season to expand upon. It all pretty much wrapped up right nicely. When they said that season 2 came up as a later extension, they sure did mean it.

Can't wait for what the rest of the series holds. :D

Though I do hope they somehow connect the next season to this one, rather than it just being a completely new adventure, I'd like for it to have some kind of connection story-wise
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:08 pm

"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm

"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 pm

We know.

EDIT: Er, wait! Something new we didn't know before is that the remaining 14 episodes we knew about have been reworked as being "Season 1, Book 2" instead of "Season 2", and that this new "Season 2" will consist of 26 more new episodes. That makes a total of 40 new episodes to come in this series!!! :shock: 8-) :grin:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:We know.

EDIT: Er, wait! Something new we didn't know before is that the remaining 14 episodes we knew about have been reworked as being "Season 1, Book 2" instead of "Season 2", and that this new "Season 2" will consist of 26 more new episodes. That makes a total of 40 new episodes to come in this series!!! :shock: 8-) :grin:

Hooray! :mrgreen:
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:59 pm

What else can they do she's already mastered all the elements
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum