Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 pm

ironrod prime wrote:What else can they do she's already mastered all the elements
She hasn't fully gotten the hang of the spiritual side of being the Avatar, though. That what "Book 2: Spirits" will focus on.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 pm

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:56 am

Book 2 begins tonight!

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Hello, strangers. Been a bit pre-occupied! Always thinkin' of Cybertron, though! ;)

Yeah...just got Netflix...gonna have to ketchup, heh.

For those in the Twitter-game... ;) ... @MTVGeek is holding an after show event, after tonight's new epi.! 8 pm pacific/ 11 pm eastern with David Faustino and PJ Byrne!
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Agent X » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:00 am

Called there going to be a Dark Avatar, but I thought we'd see it this season.

I betting Season 3 is called Dark and Season 4 will be called Light.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:07 am

Agent X wrote:Called there going to be a Dark Avatar, but I thought we'd see it this season.

Well, this is still season 1, so there needs to be a season 2 before a 3 and 4. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:41 am

I thought they used books for seasons ie book 1=season 1, book 2=season 2, etc etc
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:05 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Agent X wrote:Called there going to be a Dark Avatar, but I thought we'd see it this season.

Well, this is still season 1, so there needs to be a season 2 before a 3 and 4. ;)

No... each book is a season.

That is why Season 1 was Air, and this season (season 2) was Spirits.
Now unlike Last Airbender whihc had ~20 episode seasons, Korra only has ~13 episode seasons.
This is also why the DVD was marketed as the complete season 1 Air and not season 1 part 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternative title for season 3 could be Chaos
And season 4 could be Balance
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Not for Korra. Book 1 and Book 2 are officially both season 1 since they're shorter books than those of ATLA. Korra will have two seasons of two books each (Wikipedia's claim of "Book = Season" for Korra is wrong).

Also, the Book 2 finale is now on Nick.com. I can't wait to watch it (too busy right now, but will watch as soon as I'm done). :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Just because kora has shorter seasons doesn't mean the book method has changed
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum