Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Non-TF related Conversations

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:51 pm

I just found out they are making a new avatar series! it will be called Avatar: The Legend of Korra. It takes place 75 years after The Last airbender, and it follows the next avatar, a girl named Korra from the southern water tribe. she has already mastered water fire and earthbending and is learning airbending from Aang and Katara'a son, Tenzin. what are your thoughts?
Wing Saber

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:18 pm

I dunno. I can't make a real opinion about it until I see it. Though, what's your source on this info?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I dunno. I can't make a real opinion about it until I see it. Though, what's your source on this info?
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:_Legend_of_Korra
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Thread revived, now that show has aired. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Ah, forgot about this thread! I'm really liking the show! One thing I'm happy about is that they're focusing less on the spiritual side of things.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Ah, forgot about this thread! I'm really liking the show! One thing I'm happy about is that they're focusing less on the spiritual side of things.
Well in that case, I guess Korra will never master all four elements then (since it's the spiritual side she's not fully grasping). :P :lol: ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat May 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Did anyone else pick up on the cabbage reference?
In TLA, there was the cabbage guy who's cart was always destroyed and would always shout "NO! MY CABBAGES!!"
and in this morning's episode of LoK, the company CabbageCorp was shut down, and the owner was being dragged out shouting "NO! MY CABBAGECORP!!"
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:07 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: Okay... this show has seriously gotten above and beyond awesome after this morning's episode.

And in two weeks is the two-part season 1 finale. Should be good. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:22 pm

:-( I wish I would have gotten on the Avatar stuff sooner. Now I have no idea what yer talking about, but I know it's probably sweet! :lol:

Wing Saber wrote:Did anyone else pick up on the cabbage reference?
In TLA, there was the cabbage guy who's cart was always destroyed and would always shout "NO! MY CABBAGES!!"
and in this morning's episode of LoK, the company CabbageCorp was shut down, and the owner was being dragged out shouting "NO! MY CABBAGECORP!!"

:lol: That's awesome!
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:02 pm

I've finally caught up, and I must say, This show has not once failed to impress me! I'm loving Amon as a villain (and I can hear the Starscream in his voice :lol: )
I'm interested to see what they will do for Season 2... Will they have Amon escape somehow and do something else, or will it be an entirely new Story Arc?

Also, I just noticed something... TLA had three seasons, Water, Earth, and Fire... Now the first Season of LoK is Air, the only one TLA didn't have! :lol:
Wing Saber

Next

Return to Open Forum