Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:19 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
HO-LY COOOW!!!! THAT BOOK 2 FINALE WAS EPIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!eleven1!!!!!!!
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

ironrod prime wrote:Just because kora has shorter seasons doesn't mean the book method has changed

Tell that to Nickelodeon.
It’s official: The Legend continues! Nickelodeon has picked up a second season of the animated adventure series The Legend of Korra, EW has learned. After averaging 3.8 million viewers for Season 1, Book 1, which concluded June 23, the Avatar: The Last Airbender sequel is receiving a second-season order of 26 episodes that presumably will be divided into two parts called Books 3 and 4, bringing the total number of episodes to 52.

The series is already set to return in 2013 with the premiere of Season 1, Book 2 (which consists of 14 previously ordered episodes), as 17-year-old chosen one Korra (voiced by Janet Varney) has now become a fully realized Avatar. The cast also includes Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men), David Faustino (Married… with Children), and P.J. Byrne (Horrible Bosses).

That was posted on July 11, 2012, a few weeks after Book 1 ended and during the production of Book 2, meaning that Nick picked up this "second season" after Book 2 had already been picked up (since production on Book 2 wouldn't have commenced without first being picked up by the network).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:48 am

Ok i get it now. They never replaced seasons with books it was just that in the first series there was only one book per season and now they've increased that to two books per season for the second series
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 am

ironrod prime wrote:Ok i get it now. They never replaced seasons with books it was just that in the first series there was only one book per season and now they've increased that to two books per season for the second series
That's what I was saying.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I finally used this week to catch up on Legend of Korra. My thoguhts on the book as a whole:

At first, it was only alright. It picked up with the most epic episode, 'Beginnings' (The Avatar Wan episode). It was great from there onward.

I loved the cameo with the owl spirit, but hated Uncle Iroh's cameo. At first I was excited, but the character just didn't seem like himself.

Varrick was the best character EVER. OF ALL TIME. "Zhu Li, do the thing!"
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Sat May 31, 2014 11:38 am

Ok this is actually a last airbender question but i didn't want to start another just for that. Anyway i was wondering. Why was the blue demon saga left out of the book one box set? Thankfully it was all put into a volume set but still why'd they leave it out there's a whole other disk in the set with nothing but bonus material on it so it's not like they didn't have room. So why leave it out?
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 31, 2014 8:59 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Ok this is actually a last airbender question but i didn't want to start another just for that. Anyway i was wondering. Why was the blue demon saga left out of the book one box set? Thankfully it was all put into a volume set but still why'd they leave it out there's a whole other disk in the set with nothing but bonus material on it so it's not like they didn't have room. So why leave it out?
Never heard of it. Avatar Wiki and Google bring up no info on a "Blue Demon Saga".

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat May 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Yeah i was mistaken. Firstly its the blue spirit not the blue demon and it's only in one episode but it's not just this episode that is missing. Three other episodes are also missing from the box set particularly the episode where they meet jhong jhong
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:19 am

ironrod prime wrote:Yeah i was mistaken. Firstly its the blue spirit not the blue demon and it's only in one episode but it's not just this episode that is missing. Three other episodes are also missing from the box set particularly the episode where they meet jhong jhong
No episodes are missing from my Book 1 DVD box set. Might yours just be missing a disc?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Nope all six discs are there. Is your sixth disc nothing but bonus material
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:06 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Nope all six discs are there. Is your sixth disc nothing but bonus material
Yep. Discs 1-5 contain all 20 episodes of Book One, with four episodes per disc, and Disc 6 is extras.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum