Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

The Doctor WHONIVERSE!

Non-TF related Conversations

The Doctor WHONIVERSE!

Postby mightwork » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:15 am

A thread for all thing Doctor Who! Be it episodes, acquisitions, releases, general discussion, you name it!

I'll get the ball rolling. 'Time of The Doctor' is about to air (or already has aired depending on where you are- wibbly wobbly, timey wimey). How are we all feeling about it? Although I wasn't a massive fan of him at first, Matt Smith has really grown on me and will probably go down as one of my favourite incarnations of The Doctor, and even though I'm dreading his departure tonight (I've donned my fez and bowtie and have 11th's Sonic in my pocket), I am really keen for Peter Capaldi's arrival

So what's your opinion on the subject?
mightwork

Re: The Doctor WHONIVERSE!

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Spoilers from Time of the Doctor:
It's a little sad that the episode had me sadder at Handles' death than The Doctor's death. The Doctor's regeneration just didn't do it for me this time.

Although, a bit of irony... The Doctor died waiting...
Wing Saber

Postby Agent X » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:44 am

The Doctor just doesn't want to die. Think about it. He clearlly had one regeneration left as seen in The Impossible Astronaut. In which he was killed during it.

Then in Time of the Doctor he waits to regenerate until he is granted a new regeneration cycle
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Agent X wrote:The Doctor just doesn't want to die. Think about it. He clearlly had one regeneration left as seen in The Impossible Astronaut. In which he was killed during it.

Then in Time of the Doctor he waits to regenerate until he is granted a new regeneration cycle

Remember, that wasn't the Doctor, that was the robot!
Wing Saber

Postby Agent X » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Agent X wrote:The Doctor just doesn't want to die. Think about it. He clearlly had one regeneration left as seen in The Impossible Astronaut. In which he was killed during it.

Wrong! (however i think you just struck Moiffit's only defense for it)

The first time might not have been a robot, however the second time is was a robot. Remember that the Doctor took 200ish years to figure out and set in motion a plan so he could live. Also he has been shown to be able to undo time locked events (i.e. Waters of Mars).

Keep in mind that this was written before the idea of the War Doctor, and the whole Tennant counting as two Doctors (which i have no problem with, and makes sense .

Of course we could also bring up why only 13 of his incarnations saved Galifray
Agent X

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Agent X wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:

Wrong! (however i think you just struck Moiffit's only defense for it)

The first time might not have been a robot, however the second time is was a robot.

I think the event was all one time, just the first time it was from Amy and Rory's perspective, while the second time it was from The Doctor's.
Because Amy and Rory wouldn't be able to remember the whole River refusing and time all happening at once incident after The Doctor fixed it, therefore from their perspective it all happened together like the first time. Am I explaining this in a way that makes sense?

[quote="Agent X\] Of course we could also bring up why only 13 of his incarnations saved Galifray [/quote]
A better question would be how Doctors 1-7, who didn't even know there would be a Time War, knew to come to Gallfrey.
Wing Saber

Postby Agent X » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Wing Saber wrote:[quote="Agent X\] Of course we could also bring up why only 13 of his incarnations saved Galifray [/quote]
A better question would be how Doctors 1-7, who didn't even know there would be a Time War, knew to come to Gallfrey. [/quote]

Ah but this one is easy. As the Doctor said he had been working on this problem for all his lives. And as it has been established only the most recent incarnation remembers when he crosses his own timeline, as such even 8th and 9th Doctors wouldn't know to come. The simple answer is that the War, 10th, and 11th Doctors split up to gather his other 9 incarnation (1-9), and it was the 12th Doctor who showed up because he knew to. So again the question is why didn't any of the other incantations show up?
Agent X

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Agent X wrote: So again the question is why didn't any of the other incantations show up?

Simple, they don't have actors to play them yet.

Agent X wrote: As the Doctor said he had been working on this problem for all his lives. And as it has been established only the most recent incarnation remembers when he crosses his own timeline, as such even 8th and 9th Doctors wouldn't know to come. The simple answer is that the War, 10th, and 11th Doctors split up to gather his other 9 incarnation (1-9), and it was the 12th Doctor who showed up because he knew to. ?

Wait... but as seen in Time of the Doctor, even the most recent version doesn't remember
"But you said you think you might have saved Gallifrey" meaning he's not sure (but probably remembers it better than the earlier versions) (Note: quote may not be word for word)
Wing Saber

Postby Agent X » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:29 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Agent X wrote: So again the question is why didn't any of the other incantations show up?

Simple, they don't have actors to play them yet.

Stop using real world logic ;)

Wing Saber wrote:
Agent X wrote: As the Doctor said he had been working on this problem for all his lives. And as it has been established only the most recent incarnation remembers when he crosses his own timeline, as such even 8th and 9th Doctors wouldn't know to come. The simple answer is that the War, 10th, and 11th Doctors split up to gather his other 9 incarnation (1-9), and it was the 12th Doctor who showed up because he knew to. ?

Wait... but as seen in Time of the Doctor, even the most recent version doesn't remember
"But you said you think you might have saved Gallifrey" meaning he's not sure (but probably remembers it better than the earlier versions) (Note: quote may not be word for word)

Almost correct on the quote. The 11th didn't know if they had managed to save Gallifrey but he knew they tried, where as the earlier Doctors (1-10 and War) didn't remember they even tried. In the Time of the Doctor, the Doctor found out they had managed to save Gallifrey, and then spent the rest of his life on Trensalor to save Gallifrey yet again.

Hopefully you saw the teaser posters for the Time of the Doctor/new season by now.
Agent X

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Agent X wrote: Hopefully you saw the teaser posters for the Time of the Doctor/new season by now.

I've seen teaser posters for Time of the the Doctor, but none for the new season yet
Wing Saber

Next

Return to Open Forum