Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Favorite Superheros and villains

Non-TF related Conversations

Favorite Superheros and villains

Postby Naka » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:55 pm

What are your top and bottom favorite superheros? My top favorites are Batman, the Joker, and Iron Man. My least favorites are Spiderman and anything having to do with him, Superman, and Storm. So just post your favs and least favs.
Laserbeak wanna cracker?
Naka

Re: Favorite Superheros and villains

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Batman, The Green Lantern, The Joker, Iron Man, Sylar, and Chuck Norris all make my favorites.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Oh, that's hard. There's just so many great ones (and so many stinkers) out there.

In no particular order, I do like Batman, Superman, the Hulk, Iron Man, and many others. As well as Lex Luthor, Dr. Doom, Ra's Al Ghul, Darkseid, General Zod, Galactus, Brainiac, and some other ones too.

As for least favorite, this guy has been both a hero and a villain: Superboy-Prime.

Picture a young boy in our world having grown up on reading Superman comics and becoming a big fan of the character. Only to discover later in life that this boy is also a "last son of Krypton," and that the comics he grew up reading were actually portrayals of real events occuring in an alternate dimension (with the world he lives in being known as "Earth Prime"). And so, once he finds all this out he then decides to become a Superman-inspired superhero, calling himself Superboy-Prime. It's every fanboy's wet dream come true, right?

Well, cue the Crisis on Infinite Earth's, which winds up having his home dimension (as well as several others in the Multiverse) destroyed. At first, he's upset by this loss, but copes with it after while and joins up with other Superheroes to fight evil alongside them. Things seem to be alright for him now, right?

Nope! Turns out he never got over his loss and secluded himself from the others. He decided to play back events of his life on Earth Prime, which do nothing but make him act all the more angsty and angry. And like Anakin Skywalker of Star Wars Episode III, Superboy-Prime (later on known as Superman-Prime) turned to the Dark Side, spouting out such pathetic, whiney, emo phrases as "This isn't like MY world! MY world was BETTER!" or "NO! I'm not a BOY! I'm a MAN! I'm a MAN!" and the ever ridiculously stupid line of, "I'll KILL you! I'll KILL you to DEATH!" :-(
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Transformers are my favorite superheros so I will list favorite heros and villains from them first:

Optimus and Megatron have to be #1 just because they are the central figures of the whole thing. In no particular order: Ravage, Laserbeak,Rumble, Stunticons/Menasor, Shockwave, Combaticons/Bruticus, Warpath, Moonracer, Grimlock and Computron from G1.

Slipstream from newer stuff is cool. I really wish they would do more with SPARKCRUSHER the character it would be awesome.

Anyway I could go on forever with Transformers but I will keep going since obviously everyone on the site can go on about that it being a TF fansite after all.

Other nonTF stuff also in no real order:

Bane, Ras al Ghul, Deathstroke, Brainiac, Parasite, Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Darkseid, Supergirl, Batman, Kurare (Batman Beyond villain) from DC

All of the Xmen stuff, Venom, Kingpin, Daredevil, Deadpool from Marvel.

Some of the Spawn stuff from earlier Spawn especially can't remember half the names but one Cyborg villain sticks out "Overtkill" or something I think his name was, used to have the comic and it was like one of the first Spawn comics there was.

I don't know too many nonmainstream superhero people from stuff similar to Marvel/DC so I could go into videogames and such but I will stop with this: Conan the Barbarian, Red Sonja, and Robocop!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Blademan91 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Ok first off:

Sabrblade I everyone you said is on my list minus 2 Marvel characters and a few DC heroes. Mine are Apocalypse and Onslaught for Marvel. And for DC Plastic Man and Deadman.

Also true superboy prime was messed up in the head after Crisus on Multiple Earths. And what's sad is he dies in the saddest way possible.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Return to Open Forum