Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Sailor Moon returns to America!!!!

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Sailor Moon returns to America!!!!

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:57 pm

ironrod prime wrote:i hope nickelodion gets it they've done pretty good with their animes so far
Nick is my ideal choice for it too.

All we need first is some kind of announcement on the anime.

You gonna get the manga when it comes out?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 pm

if my local comic book store has it which it might because there are two comic book stores where i live
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:20 pm

ironrod prime wrote:if my local comic book store has it which it might because there are two comic book stores where i live
And if not there then most likely at such bookstores as Barnes & Noble, Borders, and Waldenbooks. Or from online retailers.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:35 pm

most likely :mrgreen:

sailor moon was the first anime i ever saw i am so looking forward to this release
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:44 pm

ironrod prime wrote:sailor moon was the first anime i ever saw i am so looking forward to this release
Twas one of my firsts too. Though, I saw the Japanese version of the anime in 2009 (alongside of the English dub) and loved it a million times better than the old DiC/Cloverway dubs.

Also read the manga and watched PGSM too. Loved both of them.

Still haven't watched any of the musicals yet. I need to, though.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Less than a week left to go. 8-)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:31 pm

SUCCESS! Went out to Barnes and Noble today and, at long last, picked up Volume 1 of both Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and Codename: Sailor V from Kodansha! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Though, I went there yesterday too and they seemed to not have them then (their website said "Out of Stock" on both). This time, however, I called ahead to see if they had them and asked for them to hold one of each for me. I'm kicking myself for not having done that in the first place yesterday. :x

But anywho, I got'em and now you can too! :smile:

The translation of each is spot on and accurate, save for a select few quibbles (some of which I can get by and forgive, while other bits irk me to no end). No more dub names/terms. Yay! No more major Americanizations. YAY! They even kept the honorifics (for better or for worse).

Having said that, while these are not perfect and do contain a few flaws, they are still must haves. If you're a fan of Sailor Moon, GO GET THEM! :D

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Open Forum