Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS

Want to join the Unicron.com news team? Just want to help out? If you find some Transformers news or rumors out there that you'd like to see up on Unicron.com, post them in here. Please credit/link to an original source, even if you found it on another Transformers site. We might just move your post to the Front Page News forum!

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS

Postby DocWho » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:09 pm

You all know we here at Unicron.com try to keep our opinions out of our news posts as much as the next guy. But I think I this is a special occasion.

Now, TFW2005.com has some scans and information up of the latest TV Magazine, which has information about Japanese Transformers Animated. It states that TFA will actually be a prequel to the live-action movie series, so it'll be interesting to see how the writers tie it in.

But this is all just filler until the bad part, and our second part of news. You see, Masahiko Yamazaki, a marketing officer working for Takara Tomy related to the series, gave an interview with Figure King recently. He had this to say:

"It might be possible to release the products canceled by Hasbro to the Japanese market"

That means that Hasbro will be canceling some of the TFA toys previously announced to have been released. So who do you think it's going to be? Repaints like Thundercracker and Vortex Blurr? Or even worse, the new molds like Rodimus and Blackout?

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Re: WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS

Postby Obsidian » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 pm

Maybe (finers crosses) hopefully, they're talking about figures that Hasbro was talking about doing, but never did. Wasp with a new head, Constructions, Omega Supreme???
A guy can hope; can't he?
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 pm

As long as they're released at all, I don't care if it's Hasbro or Takara. They're all Transformers to me! And those toys (in particular) we want'm!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Blasphemy! This is ridiculous! Why change Animated to make it a prequel to the movies? That's absurd! This is even worse than their retconning of Car Robots into G1 and pushing Beast wArs II and Neo "tens of thousands of years" further into the future.

And as for the canceled product releases, they better not be something I'd really want. I can't afford to import figures, and buying online is out of the question.

This is by far one of the wackiest moves that TakaraTomy has pulled in a while. :ugeek:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby megatron » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:21 am

I have to agree with you Perceptor, who cares where they come from. I just wanna get my hands on them. Lets just sit back and watch takara and hasbro make some magic.
megatron

Postby DocWho » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:33 pm

perceptor wrote:As long as they're released at all, I don't care if it's Hasbro or Takara. They're all Transformers to me! And those toys (in particular) we want'm!

But what about those of us who can't afford to import? No doubt the prices will be through the roof either on online stores, or on the aftermarket.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:53 pm

DocWho wrote:
perceptor wrote:As long as they're released at all, I don't care if it's Hasbro or Takara. They're all Transformers to me! And those toys (in particular) we want'm!

But what about those of us who can't afford to import? No doubt the prices will be through the roof either on online stores, or on the aftermarket.
Yes, not all us can afford imported figures (unless they're gift requests for Christmas/birthdays, but even that's pushing it, since some parents don't like their young adult children buying/recieving "toys").
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby quantumhawk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:12 am

I need Rodimus and Thundercracker...
quantumhawk

Return to News & Rumors