Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Megan Fox Cut From TF3? (Confirmed!)

Want to join the Unicron.com news team? Just want to help out? If you find some Transformers news or rumors out there that you'd like to see up on Unicron.com, post them in here. Please credit/link to an original source, even if you found it on another Transformers site. We might just move your post to the Front Page News forum!

Re: Megan Fox Cut From TF3?

Postby Fartimus Prime » Thu May 20, 2010 2:44 am

I agree with Grayfoxx13. Except that I think Shia is a worse actor than Megan Fox. I hope that little dork doesn't save the day again in the 3rd movie. I mean, They are giant, advanced robots. Why do the need a little 120 lb twit to save them?
Fartimus Prime

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu May 20, 2010 8:31 am

Sabrblade wrote:
TriPredRavage wrote:Just so long as they don't cast another actress as her character, I'll be fine.
Well...

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/exclusive-who-could-replace-megan-fox-transformers-3-17549

I didn't read that too thoroughly, but it didn't sound like they were being considered to play her charcter, only to fill her role. I'm fine with them casting some new hot chick to be the new hot chick; I don't want them to cast some new hot chick to play Mikaela.
TriPredRavage

Postby megatron » Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 am

Thank God my prayers have been answered. Now if Bay can get rid of Shia Labouf.
megatron

Re: Megan Fox Cut From TF3? (Confirmed!)

Postby Petroid » Thu May 20, 2010 11:20 am

Excellent... :D
Petroid

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 am

So sad to hear the news, I hope it's just misderection by the director.
I loved her as Mikeala. :D
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby PORTER » Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 pm

i heard they got a victorias secret model to replace her . i just think that is hilarious :lol: . oh..antivirius100 i have a theory about skids and mudflap: i heard that they are making new changes in the character design in tf3. like, optimus prime looking more heroic and bumblebee looking more mature mabye, they can do that both with skids and mudflap....just maybe :idea:
PORTER

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Here's how I feel:

Megan Fox gone = good

Getting a replacement for her = bad

Let Sam be with the bots without the necessity of a love story thrown in.

Remember G1 with Spike and Carly? There was hardly any romance shown between the two, yet we know they got to together anyway. and it wouked out without needing to show them being all lovely-dovey with each other.

Or how about in Cybertron? The growing relationship between Coby and Lori was gradual and barely touched upon, but it still worked because it wasn't shoved in our faces like the Sam/Mikaela stuff was.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby DocWho » Sat May 29, 2010 8:30 am

This amount of news has literally zero bearing on my feelings towards TF3, good or bad.

But honestly, Sabr, they do need a love interest. Everything TF related before has been for kids, who still consider members of the opposite gender to be cootie-filled creatures from another dimension. This is a PG-13 summer blockbuster, and, like it or not, there has to be some kind of romance.

For the record, I don't mind it either way, but I can see why you'd hate it so much.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 29, 2010 9:24 am

DocWho wrote:But honestly, Sabr, they do need a love interest. Everything TF related before has been for kids, who still consider members of the opposite gender to be cootie-filled creatures from another dimension. This is a PG-13 summer blockbuster, and, like it or not, there has to be some kind of romance.

For the record, I don't mind it either way, but I can see why you'd hate it so much.
It's not that I hate it. It's that I don't like how it 's pulled off. It's given more focus than the character developemtn of the actual bots themselves, and overshadows many of the other concepts of both films that would seem a bit more important. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was treated more as what it's supposed to be: a subplot, a minor part oft he movie that either supports or lies aside from the main plot, rather than taking precedence over other plot points that are supposed to be regarded higher than the love story.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby PORTER » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:37 pm

i could not say it better myself ;)
good point sabre the love story gets in the way
and the story suffers from it
rotf had no solid plot in the first half hour
in my opinion the transformers movies were a little rushed
i mean rome wasn't built in a day and neither was siebertron
and as you said carly and spike just worked out their romance
off screen
with megan fox out i think the storyline will benefit
so, im on sabrblades side relating to this topic :D
PORTER