Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

What Could Have Been: Concept art for an Animated Dirt Boss

Want to join the Unicron.com news team? Just want to help out? If you find some Transformers news or rumors out there that you'd like to see up on Unicron.com, post them in here. Please credit/link to an original source, even if you found it on another Transformers site. We might just move your post to the Front Page News forum!

What Could Have Been: Concept art for an Animated Dirt Boss

Postby DocWho » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Sprocketman of Photobucket.com has posted an image of concept art for an Animated Dirt Boss toy from an unknown Takara designer. This image shows off his transformation scheme, as well as what would probably be a "battle mode", where the forklift part of Dirt Boss' alt mode comes into play in his robot mode!

Man, I wish this thing came to fruition. It looks pretty kickass, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Re: What Could Have Been: Concept art for an Animated Dirt B

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:03 pm

if only this figure came out. please takara listen to our pleeding
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Too cool. And Hasbro said that they didn't have any plans of making Constructicon toys. This disproves that. :roll:

lioconvoy wrote:if only this figure came out. please takara listen to our pleeding
"If only" is true. But, since the mold was never completed, it ain't coming. It was said at BotCon 2010 that TakaraTomy will only release existing, completed molds in the Japanese Animated line.

This is why they have gotton things like Blackout, Wingblade OP, and JetPack/Hydrodrive BB (because those molds were completed), and have not gotten things like Omega Supreme, Constructicons, and any other non-toy show characters (because those do not have any completed molds existing).

Basically, if it didn't show up in the Hasbro line (or didn't have any toy images period), it ain't showing up in Takara's line.

Still, this is just awesome. To see that there was a point where a TFA C-con was actually being considered as being a toy. This is proof that non-toy characters aren't always created without having toys of them in mind. 8-)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby DocWho » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Too cool. And Hasbro said that they didn't have any plans of making Constructicon toys. This disproves that. :roll:

Well, this was apparently a Takara designer's work. Maybe Hasbro didn't know about this.

Or maybe they're smart enough to not incur the whining of their fans. :lol:

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 pm

DocWho wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Too cool. And Hasbro said that they didn't have any plans of making Constructicon toys. This disproves that. :roll:

Well, this was apparently a Takara designer's work. Maybe Hasbro didn't know about this.

Or maybe they're smart enough to not incur the whining of their fans. :lol:
Okay, well how old is this concept art? That'll help determine whether or not Hasbro knew of this.

Also, could you please decrease the image size to 800px wide? It's kinda stetching the forum page width.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Obsidian » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:50 am

Holy Dang!
I'm totally blow away, I would have expected to see one of the other constructions first. I'm also very curious if we actually know when this design is from? Do we have any indication that this isn't perhaps a new concept drawing? Is it possible that Takara might be considering making a few more animated toys? I can dream, can't I?

Just a thought here: It's surely possible that Hasbro didn't lie for two reasons 1) just because there's a drawing doesn't mean that there was ever a plan to make it. [even Unicron.com draws all kinds of stuff we don't ever plan on making] Hasbro has got to have way more where this came from. 2) If this is a recent design, then their answer would be truthful at the time of the answering.

Wow this makes me far too sad and far too hopeful to occupy the same moment. ERG!
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby HolyGrail » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 am

I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WAAAAAAAAAAANT!

*ahem*

I think there are soooo many missed opportunities with the Animated line for molds that wwould have been truely amazing. This just confirms my theory that there were many many more molds planned but thanks to the movie line and bureaucracy that is upper management, it didn't happen. Shame. :(
HolyGrail

Return to News & Rumors