Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers Exiles Now Available (10/4)

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Transformers Exiles Now Available (10/4)

Postby perceptor » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Have the latest episodes of Transformers Prime piqued your interest in "the Original 13 Primes?" Well, you are in luck!

Transformers Exiles, the much anticipated sequel novel to the 2010 Transformers Exodus by Alex Irvine, is on sale now. Shipping from online retailers like Amazon.com and available in brick and mortar retailers 10/4/11. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this! Plot description as follows:

By Alex Irvine - Random House Publishing Group (2011) - Paperback - 352 pages - ISBN 0345519868
The epic battles between Optimus Prime and Megatron have long thrilled Transformers fans. But these two giants weren’t always great leaders and bitter foes. This new novel continues the electrifying saga that started with Transformers: Exodus, unveiling the origins of the conflict—the explosive events that unfolded before Optimus and Megatron arrived Earthside, forever altering the destiny of their kind. Once allies, Optimus and Megatron are now enemies in a civil war. To prevent Cybertron from falling into Megatron’s hands, Optimus jettisons the planet’s heart, the AllSpark, into space, then sets out to find it with Megatron hot on his heels. Optimus is determined to defeat Megatron, bring the AllSpark home, and restore Cybertron to its former glory.But a saboteur lurks aboard Optimus’s spaceship, and ahead lie lost colonies, some of them hostile. Optimus needs help of the highest caliber, but from whom? Heroes such as Solus, Nexus, and Vector Prime are just names from make-believe stories of long ago. Or are they? Maybe it’s time for Optimus Prime to find out. Maybe it’s the only chance he has to vanquish mighty Megatron.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Transformers Exiles Now Available (10/4)

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Argh! I completely forgot about this book's release date! Now I gotta go hunt this thing down.

Though, it's still Oct. 3 where I am. ;)

On a related note, shouldn't the War for Cybertron sequel have come out to coincide with this too? Where is it? :?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Looks like I'll have something to read at my confrence.

As for the game, probaply delaied til spring
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby perceptor » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 am

There had been some confusion about the release date of the book. --It was originally slated to hit store shelves 9/27. That date got pushed back for some reason. I wrote the author, Alex Irvine, to clarify. He said, (yesterday) "It is out tomorrow!" Meaning it's out today, right now!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:07 pm

I went out and picked up Exiles today and... I've currently no time to start reading it anytime soon.

However, I will say that the cover is beautiful. It's a great look at the War for Cybertron Cybertron with the War for Cybertron Ark lauching into space away from it as the superimposed giant Decepticon insignia (no, not that one ;) ) ominously looms in the background. 8-)

Though, the tagline, "One shall stand. One shall fall," really REALLY bothers me. I mean, I've had enough with that line already! It has become SO stale in its constant overuse. It may be iconic, but it's losing its significance as it keeps being used like some casual everyday phrase. Recall how often "More than meets the eye" was used in the first movie and how annoying that got. This phrase here is going through the same syndrome.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:27 pm

aw man, I'm still trying to get my hands on Exodus!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Wing Saber wrote:aw man, I'm still trying to get my hands on Exodus!
Do you have a Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, or any other bookstore near you?

Or, you can order it online from their websites or such places as Amazon.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Do you have a Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, or any other bookstore near you?

About 30 min. away.
I meant to buy it the past three times I went (It's in the mall), but the first time I didn't have the money, the second time I didn't have time, and the third time I forgot my money at home
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Do you have a Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, or any other bookstore near you?

About 30 min. away.
I meant to buy it the past three times I went (It's in the mall), but the first time I didn't have the money, the second time I didn't have time, and the third time I forgot my money at home
Darn it. See if you can get over there when next you have a moment and the money.

As for this new book, it's dirt cheap! A mere $7.99! :o

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Wing Saber wrote:

About 30 min. away.

You're in good company broham! I don't have either either.

Ha, forgetting the cash! I hate when that happens!

I know what to ask Santa for this year, now.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Next

Return to Transformers News