Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

IDW: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #1 Preview

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

IDW: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #1 Preview

Postby perceptor » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:32 pm

In case you haven't picked up a copy yet, Comics Alliance has posted a very interesting 8-page preview of the newest Transformers comic to hit stands (today): Transformers Robots in Disguise #1. The art and prose have certainly piqued my interest. Characters like Jazz and Bumblebee appear in their War for Cybertron type Cybertronian modes (like the toys, HURRAH!) and others like Sky Lynx make an appearance as their G1 selves. BRILLIANT! See and read Comics Alliance review directly or mirrored in the forums below.

From Comics Alliance:
Are you a big Transformers fan? I've never been one. My knowledge of the enduringly popular Hasbro franchise about sentient robots who can turn into vehicles and weapons is limited to the toys I played with as a child (I still have my Fortress Maximus U JELLY?), the original animated series, and the 1986 animated film -- which I love unreservedly and without irony (Unicron > Galactus). Obviously the three recent Michael Bay films are aggressively offensive in every respect but I've always been told that there are loads of excellent Transformers comics going back decades. I love space opera and robots but as is often the case with comics, the mythology seemed too daunting and I never investigated those rumors of great Transformers fiction... until now.

On sale this week from IDW Publishing is Transformers: Robots in Disguise #1, beginning a new sci-fi saga that sees the millennia-spanning war between the Autobots and the Decepticons come to an end, and thousands of refugees return to their home planet of Cybertron after millions of years. As weird as it might sound, this Transformers story explores important ideas like a divided people's harrowing reintegration, compromised civil liberties and cultural discrimination. There are also giant robots transforming into things, and you can check out of a preview of it after the cut.
Attachments
cover-1327442269.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: IDW: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #1 Preview

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:23 pm

I really REALLY despise them using the WFC/FOC bodies for Bumblebee, Jazz, Ironhide, Prowl, and Bluestreak. That is just wrong. :-(
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: IDW: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #1 Preview

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:41 pm

I SPY SKY LYNX!!! :mrgreen:
Wing Saber

Return to Transformers News