Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

First Edition Prime Galleries

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

First Edition Prime Galleries

Postby perceptor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:29 am

As fired up as we are about the new Transformers Prime toys finally being released and new shows rolling out every week, we thought it would be a good time to roll out with some site updates of our own. Check out the 2011 Section where you will find all new photo galleries for the "First Edition" Transformers Prime toys: Bumblebee, Arcee and Starscream; as well as unreleased (in the U.S.) CLIFFJUMPER (sorry no pix of 1st ed Vehicon yet), OPTIMUS PRIME, BULKHEAD, and the ENTERTAINMENT PACK w/ Jack Darby, Miko Nakadai, and Raf Esquivel.

Thought this would also be a good time to highlight more of the new functionality we've added! Please notice, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of each page, you'll notice "You May Also be Interested In..." text-links. Similar to the row of thumbnails that display at the top of the mainpage, forums... (which display at random), now you'll find similar image/links at the bottom of character pages, but these links will take you links of related (not random) figures.

Also our "Other Toy Appearances" portion of each page now includes vastly upgraded functionality, being automated and connected to our Unicron.com figure database. Now, when new toys w/ the same name are released, every (new format) page with a toy of that name, will automatically reflect the listing of that newest figures. It's not perfect, in that we're not claiming that every Transformers toy is in our database, but as time goes on, we'll add more and more figures to the system, and these lists will become more and more complete.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: First Edition Prime Galleries

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 am

I have a question about the new pages.. why'd you stop adding a bio to the pages?
Wing Saber

Postby perceptor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 am

Wing Saber wrote:I have a question about the new pages.. why'd you stop adding a bio to the pages?

We didn't "stop adding a bio." If the packaging has any text about that character, or if there's is another source --for example a comic like the Dreamwave Comics: More than Meets the Eye or Marvel Universe... w/ character bio/write up, we'll include it. As indicated, unfortunately, the package art doesn't have a character bio and there is no other source to quote from. So, that's the best we can do. Perhaps in time, other info will become available. We'll see.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:05 pm

perceptor wrote:We didn't "stop adding a bio." If the packaging has any text about that character, or if there's is another source --for example a comic like the Dreamwave Comics: More than Meets the Eye or Marvel Universe... w/ character bio/write up, we'll include it. As indicated, unfortunately, the package art doesn't have a character bio and there is no other source to quote from. So, that's the best we can do. Perhaps in time, other info will become available. We'll see.

Ah, thanks! I was just curious!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:14 am

There are some character bios on Hubworld that we might be able to use. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby pgsmrocks » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow! What a lot of work!
This is a great database for toy collectors.

I like the slide shows, especially the one for the Entertainment Pack.
Nice posing of Megatron standing over/stepping on Optimus, a pose
from the show.
pgsmrocks

Postby Tacticon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

As always, the Gallery archive is an awesome resource/guide. By the way, thus Takara First Edition count? Per I got a First Edition (Takara) Megatron but I didn't see one in the photo gallery. Thanks. :smile:
Tacticon

Return to Transformers News