Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

ToyFair 2013, Complete Coverage on Unicron.com

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

ToyFair 2013, Complete Coverage on Unicron.com

Postby perceptor » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:28 pm

That's right! You're invited fellow fans, to Unicron.com's complete coverage of ToyFair 2013. Enjoy all of the info, sights and sounds of the event fromt the comfort of your living room, without any of the winter travel headaches! The main event begins at 12:30PM EST, Saturday Feb 9, and we'll be uploading photos directly to our live photo feed as it happens. (Assuming the winter weather doesn't ground our flight!) So keep checking in, we look forward to bringing you all the latest.

UPDATE 1: Made it to NYC. The rumors of "Snow-pocalypse 2013" in the Big Apple appear to be greatly exaggerated. It's sloppy, but travMy 6am flight to NYC was delayed to 8:30 due to winter Storm "Nemo." Which is perfect, as it let me get a reasonable night sleep. Set to land at 9:30. So now it's just a matter of whether a taxi can get me to the convention center in 3 hours! :). CNN had a story about motorists stranded on the interstate in "middle island, NY, were housed overnight at Walmart! Is that close to Long Island where I'm heading? Conneticut got 30" of snow overnight!!! Intrepid reporter Lukis is on the job!el so far has been smooth! More to Come.

UPDATE 2: Preshow pix added. Times Square/NYC in Feb TRU sightings...

UPDATE 3: Biggest, HUGE news from Transformers panel: 30th Anniversary Metroplex. 24" tall it looks ENORMOUS! "Titan Class" it includes a 3 modes, inspired by G1 design alt modes and Fall of Cybertron robot mode. Super articulated. "Every piece contributes to his Transformation." Pics to come soon!

UPDATE 4: Toys of ToyFair, that are not Transformers! Gallery of images from other popular lines: Star Wars, GIJoe, Play-Doh, My Little Pony, Furby and more... now available in the ToyFair2013 Article.

toyfair13.jpg

Note, you must hold <SHIFT>, and refresh your browser window for newly uploaded images to appear in the slideshow below.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: ToyFair 2013, Complete Coverage on Unicron.com

Postby buccinator » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Awesome. Can't wait to hear what you see/hear. Hope the event isn't snowed out!
Carpe Diem
buccinator

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:09 pm

So glad you guys are there. Will make coverage of this event much easier.

Also, 24 inch Metroplex = :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:27 pm

so who is taller Fortress Maximus or FoC Metroplex
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby perceptor » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 pm

Metroplex. Definitely Metroplex; looks bigger and significantly more impressive in terms of sculpting detail, of transformation complexity and overall awesomeness. Despite how exciting and awesome were the huge Beast Hunters ($60 price point) Optimus and equally impressive ($50 price point Predaking; the FoC Metroplex stole the show. Best toy of the entire event. I can't say enough about how incredibly awesome that toy looked. Many pix to come!

Sorry for the delay. I've gotta eat supper first! Post pics comes next!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:31 pm

*flips through pictures from toyfair 2013... sees FoC Metroplex...IGNORES STAY CALM SIGN COMPLETELY*

Wow, just wow... hope we get a version that comes with a neat exclusive Optimus lol!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby blukis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Now I'm curious what the rest of that "keep calm..." poster said in this pic:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1060728581 ... 1903698786

Any other pics of it?

(Note, meme:)
https://www.google.com/search?q=keep+ca ... =isch&sa=X
Unicron.com - Brian L - Image / tw / fb
blukis
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 pm

As much as I want that Metroplex, I imagine it's price will be way too expensive.
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 pm

The Transformers Facebook Page has identified the following toy as Orion Pax
Wing Saber

Postby skywarp408 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Wing Saber wrote:As much as I want that Metroplex, I imagine it's price will be way too expensive.

I heard someone say around $125. I'd think it would be more though. I'm just happy they are making him.
skywarp408

Return to Transformers News