Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Metroplex Heeds the Call!

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Metroplex Heeds the Call!

Postby perceptor » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:58 am

This toy stole the show! I'm not talking about just being the best Transformers figure. Of course I'm biased, but I think this wins the "best in show" for all categories of toys, hands down. He's so big, so awesome he deserves his own news item! And so it shall be!

Continuing our coverage of ToyFair 2013, you will find galleries of the crown jewel of the Transformers Generations line: the newly introduced "Titan Class" Metroplex!, will include features including:

-- "Every piece of plastic contributes to transfomation" is what we were told by members of the Transformers Brand Team. Here's how I see this toy. Think of Cybertron-Primus from the Transformers Cybertron line, picture that level of sculpting detail, transformation complexity and pose-ability, but quite a bit bigger!
-- Electronic sounds: The voice, we were told at the show will be the same voice actor from the video game, and exactly replicate that of the line, "Metroplex heeds the call of the last Prime!"
-- Electronic lights: were non-functional on the prototype on display at the show. However, we learned that the toy will include light up eyes, and when you raise his red visor, you can actually control the diameter of his pupils! Don't ask me how this is going to work, but the Transformers team seemed pretty stoked about it.
-- SIZE: Towering over 2 feet tall, He is going to look absolutely great, and practically to scale standing next to the standard Deluxe and Voyager class Fall of Cybertron toys.

Very excited to see a toy of this size and caliber, finally hitting the store shelves! It's about time there's a city type Transformer, of greater than $100 price point. Fair warning, I believe Hasbro reps told us his suggested retail is ~$129.99. From all appearances, will be very much worth it.
Attachments
A2411 Titan Metroplex - City Mode.jpg
A2411 Titan Metroplex - Vehicle Mode.jpg
A2411 Titan Metroplex - Robot Mode.jpg
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Metroplex Heeds the Call!

Postby perceptor » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:26 am

Hey Obsidian! I wonder if this thing will be taller than either of your daughters by the time it hits the toy shelves!? :) It won't weigh more. But it'll have more rocket launchers! That's for sure.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:06 am

Omg omg omg
ironrod prime

Postby skywarp408 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:39 am

Hasbro needed this. 3rd party companies were making them look bad. When does this guy hit store shelves? Is he an exclusive?
skywarp408

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Oh, if only I could afford that... guess I know what I'll be asking for for my Birthday... and Christmas... Every year until I get it...
Wing Saber

Postby Tacticon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm getting two of this figure... One for me self and the other for me son.... Now just hoping that Hasbro doesn't disappoint and there's plenty of this in the distro pipeline.

PS. Thank you guys/gals for the coverage of the event per them photos are awesome. :-)
Tacticon

Postby Searchlight » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:40 pm

This figure looks pretty good. Pretty good, but honestly not great. They claim that "every piece of plastic is involved in the transformation." Funny... Because it looks to me like his transformation is incredibly simple, and like his arms just hang there awkwardly in both altmodes. I'm hoping he's mistransformed in those pictures, because if not, I'm going to say pass.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFD01r6ersw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Searchlight

Postby Autobot Jazz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm

OH MY.............. !!!! YES!!!!
Any species that can come up with a sweet ride like this can't be all bad.
Autobot Jazz

Postby StevesCustoms » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:54 am

I want this in the worst way. I plan to start saving now and doing some customs to earn some extra scratch. I really want all the new Generations figures.
StevesCustoms

Postby skywarp408 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Look for him in August. He's not an exclusive thank god.
skywarp408

Next

Return to Transformers News