Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers: The Ride 3D - Live Coverage by Unicron.com

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Transformers: The Ride 3D - Live Coverage by Unicron.com

Postby perceptor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

UPDATE!: More pix added of Red Carpet Event! Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, and Stephen Spielberg are on theit way!

Transformers: The Ride 3D is gearing up for its grand opening at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida tomorrow, June 20, 2013. Tonight, the organizers are hosting a very special sneak preview, red carpet event where the makers of the ride and other Transformers Celebrities (we presume) will be here to take it all in.

As usual, you can expect live coverage by your's truly (Perceptor) and our other news site moderator Sabrblade, as we are both in attendance of the event. For now, you can check out our live photo feed. Tonights event kicks off at 6:30, so be sure to check back early and often!

Attachments
01_Optimus Prime at Universal Orlando Resort.jpg
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Transformers: The Ride 3D - Live Coverage by Unicron.com

Postby Obsidian » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 am

Sooo... was it blow your face off awesome, or what?!? Details, we need details!
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:04 am

Yeah, I haven't been...yet. Hollywood seems just up the way...kinda...still haven't been. :lol:
Tell us, man, what were yer reactions?
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby perceptor » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:38 am

A more detailed report to follow, but "yes" is the short answer. It was knock-your-socks-off awesome. I don't want to give the best of it away but there are several WOW moments that make it a whole lot of fun.

Stay tuned, more to come!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am

More updates to come people! The ride was GREAT, the red carpet ceremony was a blast. Great times!

For now, check out the recently (currently uploading) photo feed including Optimus Prime, Megatron (vehicles) and the real ones, in the form of Peter Cullen, Frank Welker and more...

Probably by later tonight we'll have a full gallery of very high rez images and get to posting more thoughts on the ride and grand event!
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:22 pm

The grand opening was a blast. Literally. They had pyrotechnics and explosions going off over our heads during the ceremony. General Morshower gave a speech, Megatron issued an ultimatum, N.E.S.T. soldiers went wild with their weapons, fireworks shot off simulating missile strikes, and the "Black Diamond Jet Team" soared over the ride area of the park to take part in the battle.

And we were all standing right in front of Peter Cullen and Frank Welker as they walked down the red carpet to shake our hands, take our questions, and get photos and videos taken by us all.

Oh, and Optimus and Bumblebee were dancing down the red carpet, posing for us. It was awesome.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:10 am

They had actual jets...how cool! :)

Sounds like it was loud! That's my fear of the newer rides...too much going on! :lol:
Sounds fun, though.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:05 am

CYLON (13) wrote:They had actual jets...how cool! :)
Not real jets, no, they were miniature replicas.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:59 am

Wait now, just to be clear... There were absolutely -real jets (in disguise as Decepticons!) flying over the ride, during the grand opening. Those babies were quite real. Everything in the ride itself is simulation... a whole lot of fun > stimulation with simulation! ;)
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:22 pm

perceptor wrote:Wait now, just to be clear... There were absolutely -real jets (in disguise as Decepticons!) flying over the ride, during the grand opening. Those babies were quite real. Everything in the ride itself is simulation... a whole lot of fun > stimulation with simulation! ;)
Those jets were way too small and way too silent to have been real. No human being, not even a small child, would have been able to fit inside those things.

And they weren't representing Decepticons, they were representing the "Black Diamond Jet Team", as Morshower called them.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers News