Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

BEAST WARS Begins!

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

BEAST WARS Begins!

Postby perceptor » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:33 am

Where would Transformers be without Beast Wars??? One could argue that it was the most pivotal and important era in Transformers history. G1 had come and gone, G2 was not exactly the cultural phenomenon as its predecessor... So much so, that two whole years went by (in the U.S) with ZERO new Transformers toys on store shelves (can you even imagine that!?) Then, the Beast Wars were unveiled! An experiment into toy design and concept, so radical and different than anything we'd seen before, that we didn't know what we were looking at when we first picked them up. "These are Transformers(?): an organic animal that turns into a robot?!"

But like virtually every other fan who was paying attention at that time, the quality of toys and shows won over a entirely new generation of fans. And thus Transformers was once again able to regain its place as one of the best selling and popular toys of all time.

With all that said, the 1996 Transformers Section has had a total revamp to our new infrastructure and content upgrade. Complete with a background of prehistoric Earth and two moons, you will find all character pages have been upgraded to the new format, episode guide, screen captures and media section for the entire 26 episodes of Beast Wars first season.

It is also worth noting that for show characters (like Optimus Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor, Rattrap and Dinobot...) we have included written excerpts from the Beast Wars Story Bible, written by Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio. This extraordinary text provides insight into how these characters were written, in the very early days by the writers who gave them life! The executive story writer/editors from the series were kind enough to share with us this document, back when we produced our Golden Disk set several years ago.

There are also hundreds of new toy photos, added in galleries to each character page. Please note that these pictures were taken quite a few years ago, sadly they were never added to the site back then. And so while they're not up to our usual standards of most modern digital photography techniques, it's great to finally get them online!

We hope you enjoy this walk down memory lane, to revisit Transformers of 1996, and this most important era in Transformers history!
Attachments
BEAST_WARS_1-004.jpg
DSCN0775.JPG
BEAST_WARS_1-181.jpg
optimusprimal2a.jpg
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: BEAST WARS Begins!

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:51 pm

perceptor wrote:It is also worth noting that for show characters (like Optimus Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor, Rattrap and Dinobot...) we have included written excerpts from the Beast Wars Story Bible, written by Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio. This extraordinary text provides insight into how these characters were written, in the very early days by the writers who gave them life! The executive story writer/editors from the series were kind enough to share with us this document, back when we produced our Golden Disk set several years ago.
Whoa, mercy! That is a great score from the awesome duo of Bob and Larry. :D
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby BumblebeeDOTM » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Beast Wars, FOREVER!!!
BumblebeeDOTM

Postby buccinator » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Oh how I love me those Beast Wars! Nicely done job fellas. Great resource!
Carpe Diem
buccinator

Return to Transformers News