Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Unicron.com at 2014 International ToyFair!

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Unicron.com at 2014 International ToyFair!

Postby perceptor » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:35 pm

UPDATES: (listed in reverse chronological order...)

KRE-O: the 2014 line will be released in North America as Toys R Us Exclusive

Age of Extinction: Flip & Change and Power Battlers Assortments, Platinum, Masterpiece (coming next)...

RESCUE BOTS! 2014 toy line images and info

Age of Extinction, Voyager/Leader and more: images and info

2014 Construct-Bots images and info...

Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Toy Reveals...

GENERATIONS: New toy line and image reveals!

NOTES from Hasbro presentation

RISE OF THE DARK SPARK - Interview with developers and representatives at ToyFair Preview Event... and further image stills...

We've made it to NYC and are fired up to bring you the latest and greatest in Transformers news... The event kicks off at 1PM EST, Saturday Feb 15. So be sure to check back and refresh the browser window throughout the afternoon. Click through to the forum thread to see our Live PhotoFeed...

News UPDATES: "For the record, ALL Dinobots transform into robots and have personality in the film."

Galvatron is primary antagonist in AOE. It is the black flat nosed truck we saw on Bay's site...

Incoming: Optimus as a flat nosed very G1 looking truck. Generations Voyager. Big applause!

Note, you must hold <SHIFT>, and refresh your browser window for newly uploaded images to appear in the slideshow below.
Attachments
Toy Fair 2014 New York copy.jpg
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Unicron.com at 2014 International ToyFair!

Postby Obsidian » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Oh goodness, sooooo very glad to hear that about the Dinobots. By the looks of the first trailer, I was getting worried that the dinobots weren't going to have any more personality than the giant city eating cybertronian tapeworm from DOTM. Very glad that Grimlock will be more than just a stallion for Prime to ride. Go dinobots!
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:03 pm

So excited for the inevitable report on what's shown this year. We need pics!

Speaking which, the slideshow is still blank and white with no pics, unless it's supposed to be that way.

must be your browser Sabrblade. The slideshow works for me. Try viewing in a different browser. (It definitely works with Google Chrome...) Working on higher rez pix next...
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby BumblebeeDOTM » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm happy with the news for the movie, though I think killing off Megatron and bringing him back once was enough. Maybe Galvatron will be a new villain, maybe not. I am happy that the Dinobots will transform, and do hope their personalities are actually in the film. I just wish the darn picture would load!
BumblebeeDOTM

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:04 pm

BumblebeeDOTM wrote:I just wish the darn picture would load!
Me too. I'm using Chrome and I tried Internet Explorer. Neither worked.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 am

Not to pull people away from here, but comicbookmovie.com have up slideshows of the AOE Generations Deluxe and Voyager figures.

They all look nice. I might have to get a 3rd Grimlock and and a 2nd Slag just to have full team of matching Dinobots :grin:
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby perceptor » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:11 am

Hm, the slideshow of images doesn't work for you guys... Hm, that's a super shame. What's great about our slideshow is that I upload images from the event, as it's happening... Super fast, immediate upload from the show, you see pictures, just about as fast as I can take them!

Are there any others besdes you two that have problems seeing our live photo feed, slideshow? Say Obsidian, do you have any thoughts on what else others might try in order for them to see the pictures? I have no problem seeing the pix online myself

Fear not fellow fans. I will get many more images uploaded shortly...
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby overhaul » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Admittedly, I'm more of a fan of the G1 style figures, and thus "Generations" is my personal favorite line at present... so not a lot impresses me here, other than more pics of Leader Jetfire.
I'm also a bit disappointed that there's no pics of this G1 Arcee that was previously mentioned.
Also, who else thinks it's funny that Megatron is now a flat nosed semi too???
overhaul

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:40 pm

There are more pics coming (none of Arcee, though, since she wasn't shown, but Hasbro did say that she will be a car).

overhaul wrote:Also, who else thinks it's funny that Megatron is now a flat nosed semi too???
Galvatron (I only point this out since we don't know if he is Megatron or his own character).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:55 pm

1. Grimlock looks pretty sweet

2. I really hope that Spinosaurus makes it into the movie

3. I must say, the box art for drift makes me dread his being in the movie.

4. Alternatively, I cannot wait for Crosshairs. I love the trenchcoat style!

5. I really, really hope that Megatron and Galvatron are different characters
Wing Saber

Return to Transformers News