Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

ToyFair 2014 - a few more details...

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

ToyFair 2014 - a few more details...

Postby perceptor » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Beyond the space bridge is our coverage of the Hasbro Preview Panel at this year's Toy Fair festivities, at which a lot of new toys were revealed.

Hasbro Preview Panel

1st Presentation, very brief from Hasbro Studios. Equestria girls will be returning…

Part 2: TRANSFORMERS! Josh Lamb and Jerry Javoin.
(roughly quoted...) "If there’s 1 thing and only 1 thing, that you remember from this presentation, the take home message, is that Hasbro LOVES Transformers fans. Further, fans should not interpret the upcoming marketing of toys for younger age kids (4-8 year olds, as a sign Hasbro is going to turn its our back on the older collector fans. This is NOT the case. There will be toys for older collectors, just like what you've come to expect in years past.
• Great future ahead: marketing to preschool (Rescue Bots), 4-8YO kids (with simple Transform steps), and older collectors (AOE Generations…)
• Generations toys Only 12 toys in 2012. 54 released in 2013 and 73 in 2014… These are (older) “fan focused." Much to be excited about here!

“AOE Generations” wave 1.0 (all are all-new tooling) Deluxe will have 7 deluxe reveals 20 figures AOE Generations line
• Deluxe wave 1: High Octane Bumblebee, Crosshairs (very excited about this persona he’s got this trenchcoat look…), Slug (triceratops) and Scorn "Oh and for the record: All Dinobots Turn into robots in the film! All the Dinobots in the film will be produced into toys..."
• Deluxe Wave 2 Autobot Drift (Bugatti) Dinobot Strafe… two heads.. Dinobot Slash that inclu
• Voyager Wave 1: Evasion Mode Optimus Prime… FLAT nosed G1-styled truck! Grimlock all new tool
• Voyager Wave 2: Autobot Hound 7 separate weapons to Old GI Joe designer on the TF team left his mark on this one! and Galvatron! It is the Black flat nosed truck
• Leader Grimlock, Optimus Prime

Generations is entering 30th Anniversary. Also synced with DeNA mobile game
• Legends wave 3. Gears with Eclipse, Acid Storm with Venin wave 3 two packs
• Generations Deluxe wave 4: Nightbeat! A retool of of Bumblebee, Jhiaxus (he pronounced it: Jee-axis) remold of Armada Starscream, and Fan’s choice Windblade all new mold- - Big plans to come with her…
• Generations Voyager Wave 4: Roadbuster down in the show room and Sky-Byte all new designs!
• There are two more legends to be revealed. Two more deluxe and one more voyager revealed.
• NEW scale in classics generations LEADER! Jetfire…. Vac metalized parts. All new parts. Extra care, will be available Fall of 2014. There are more leader class toys to come that will carry into 2015 Haven’t shown everything yet.

Boys toys designed for ages 5-8 years old - there are no 5 year old that can transform these… We want now going forward to design 1 line to fans, another line dedicated to younger fans.

This Transformer is now styled for a 2, 3, 4 yr old for Rescue bots…
Primary toy is to this is the Bugatti, demo’ed the flip style Transformers. "Movie Magic" in 5 steps or less.

Construct bots is also continuing, all based on the film. Dinobot Warriors. Dinobot riders…

Great future. Preschool w/ Rescue Bots One last thing… Battle Masters Last up…

WORLD PREMIERE new Activision game trailer, Rise of the Dark Spark

Kre-O: Apparently, rumors of Kre-O being phased out of Transformers have been greatly exaggerated.
Transformers Kre-O, also lined up with the movie micro changers… all Dinobot inspired microchangers. Each wave 12 characters in each. Also downstairs in the Custom Kreons. Optimus, Ratchet and Lockdown. Microchanger combiners Grimstone, Lazerbolt Obsidian…Building sets... etc

Then STAR WARS: ... Clone Wars season 6 coming. Huge X-wing fighter coming… suggested retail $39.00...
Then MARVEL: Amazing Spiderman 2, Guardians of the Galaxy...

Stay tuned. Photo gallery coming next...
Attachments
toyfair2014.png
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: ToyFair 2014 - a few more details...

Postby Black Starscream » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:04 pm

I saw the gallery Benson Yee posted on facebook (still looking forward to yours nonetheless :P)
That is one sexy lineup. Skybyte actually has his shark face turn into the bot chest and it's beautiful.
We've got another Acid Storm coming up (nice to see that little guy get all this love)
Actual samples of Wingblade, she looks even better than the comic art.
Jhiaxus's colors could use some work (gray face is ugly) but the retooling is great and overall he's one to look forward to.
Also, MP Grimlock release. Hopefully they stock him a bit better than Soundwave at TRU (never managed to get soundwave T.T).
Also Nightbeat; they're apparently using Generations Bumblebee, which addmitedly does fit better, but I wonder if that means we're getting two Nightbeats.
Black Starscream

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Three words to describe all that was revealed today:

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby BumblebeeDOTM » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:03 pm

The Generations figures all look great, the Age of Extinction Generations figures, aside from High Octane Bumblebee look great, the mainline Age of Extinction figures look pretty terrible, and not just because they're simplified.
Grimlock's T-Rex mode is clearly mis-transformed, so one can hope it looks better properly transformed, and even though Leader Class Optimus Prime is an obvious shell-former, I don't think he looks too bad. That being said, Evasion Mode Optimus Prime is clearly the best of the Leader Class figures, and I don't just say this because of his G1 truck mode (Even though that is a nice reference). High Octane Bumblebee's legs are the best part of him, and even they are too long. It's a shame that the robot mode looks so awful when the vehicle mode looks so good. It looks like I'm sticking with my DOTM Deluxe Bumblebee for my Movieverse collection. Drift, Crosshairs, and the Voyager Class figures all look pretty good, though I'm not a huge fan of Galvatron's design for the movie (Not enough of Megatron). All in all, for the most part, it looks like an exciting year for this collector. The five figures that I most want to get this year are Jetfire, Rattrap, Grimlock, Drift, and Hound, so far.
BumblebeeDOTM

Postby BumblebeeDOTM » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Oh yeah, and before I forget, Rise of the Dark Spark looks like a fantastic video game, and as far as I know, it's the first time different Transformers universes will collide, outside of comics. :D
BumblebeeDOTM

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:51 pm

BumblebeeDOTM wrote:TThat being said, Evasion Mode Optimus Prime is clearly the best of the Leader Class figures, and I don't just say this because of his G1 truck mode (Even though that is a nice reference).
That's a Voyager.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News