Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Age of Extinction - Generations - Deluxe from ToyFair 2014

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Age of Extinction - Generations - Deluxe from ToyFair 2014

Postby perceptor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:22 pm

That's what Hasbro is calling them: "Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe." Since they are sold in Movie themed, red-white AoE packaging, then that's where you'll find them in our database: as a sub-set of AoE toy line, despite the "Generations" sticker gracing the packaging... Now available for your viewing pleasure all new character pages in the 2014 Transformers Section now include publicity shots provided to us by Hasbro, as well as toy/packaging photos we took at ToyFair 2014. Included in the update: Crosshairs, Drift, High Octane Bumblebee, Scorn, Slash, Slug and Strafe.

A couple of interesting points to note.

In talking with brand manager for Generations, he told us that while they did not want to give these Dinobots the same names as the G1 Dinobots. However, like their G1 counterparts (other than Grimlock), they went with the similar theme, of giving them all 1-syllable names starting with "S." (Slag/Sludge/Snarl/Swoop now = Slug/Slash/Scorn/Strafe...)

"High Octane Bumblebee" the mostly black old-school Camaro packaging reveals,
"To avoid detection, Bumblebee takes on a different form, disguising himself as a super-charged muscle car!"
Attachments
slashscorn.jpg
HOBB.jpg
crosshairs1.jpg
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Age of Extinction - Generations - Deluxe from ToyFair 20

Postby BumblebeeDOTM » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Looking at the official image on the back of Bumblebee's package... I suppose the figure was a victim of a horrendously mis-transformed robot mode. It's still not perfect, especially with those tiny hands, but, at least in the image on the packaging, it's surprisingly better than I had thought. I'm still not going to go out of my way to get it, but I wouldn't mind picking him up.
BumblebeeDOTM

Postby Black Starscream » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:08 am

Wait, are we already getting a black repaint of Bumblebee?
Also, I'm hoping at least one version of Crosshairs comes with a parachute. That'd be aweseom
Black Starscream

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:33 am

Black Starscream wrote:Wait, are we already getting a black repaint of Bumblebee?
Not a repaint, per se, since that is a new mold and its first deco will be black. So if we get a yellow version of this one later, it'll be the "yellow repaint" to the black version. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News