Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

AoE Generations Voyager, Leader and More

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

AoE Generations Voyager, Leader and More

Postby perceptor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:10 pm

More pictures and info added to the 2014 Transformers Section. This time, it's from the "Age of Extinction Generations" Voyager and Leader Class Figures. As with the previous update, new character pages contain publicity stills provided to us by Hasbro, and original photos we took at ToyFair.

New pages include:
Evasion Mode Optimus Prime: It's Movie-verse Optimus, in the classic G1 style truck form so many old-school fans have been hoping for...
Galvatron: Confirmed and true. The mean looking semi, is in fact Galvatron. Will he go on to lead an army of Decepticons we don't know about yet? Time will tell!
Grimlock: not quite to scale, but still at a nice $20 price point... and
Hound: We asked Hasbro, "Why didn't you name him Bulkhead? Seeing as how he looks a lot like a movie-verse version of the Bulkhead character, which kids now know from Animated and TF:Prime TV series?" The Hasbro rep replied, "We wanted him to be called Bulkhead, but ultimately, the Michael Bay camp decided to call him Hound. Likely because of something about his personality, that fit the Hound persona better..."

And Leader Class
Grimlock: Closer to being "to scale." Highly detailed, complex transformation for older collectors
Optimus Prime: This is the same figure we first saw unveiled at NYC-ComicCon...

Keep checking back, there's more to come. We're not done yet!
Attachments
evasionOP.jpg
leaders.jpg
galvatron.jpg
hound.jpg
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: AoE Generations Voyager, Leader and More

Postby StevesCustoms » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:31 pm

The only one i really want is the flat nosed Optimus Prime.
StevesCustoms

Postby perceptor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:26 pm

In person, the Hound toy looks better than pix make him seem. That toyand the Leader Grimlock were two of the most pleasant surprises of the show.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Black Starscream » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm actually finding the flat nosed Prime a bit odd, though I do think they did a good job using that alt mode and the movie based bot mode, it's just the color distribution feels so out of place on the movie guy. Hound looks perfectly fine to me, and the two leaders also look great, although Leader Optimus's shoulders feel a tad low. Galvatron's head ticks me off though, and it's sad because the body is pretty decent.
Black Starscream

Postby perceptor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 am

Just realized that I had neglected to add the Hasbro Publicity Stills for the Movie4 Generations Leader figures. Problem solved now.
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:07 pm

They all look pretty good, except for the robot mode Evasion Prime. The blue arms and the chest design do put me off. Wonder how it'll look in movie colors? Everyone has their complaints about Galvatron except for me. He's probably my fav of the batch.
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Return to Transformers News