Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Galleries of 2013's Finest

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Galleries of 2013's Finest

Postby perceptor » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Much to get caught up on... Before we're too far behind, thought it's about time to get posted some galleries up of my favorite toys of the (last) year. In the 2013 Section, you'll find all new galleries for each of the following:

* Generations Voyager Blaster and Steeljaw, Blitzwing, Grimlock, Sandstorm and Springer.

* Generations Deluxe: Air Raid, FoC Thundercracker, FoC Kickback, FoC Sideswipe, FoC Starscream, FoC Ultra Magnus... And the Wreckers! Impactor, Roadbuster, Topspin, Twintwist and the wild and wacky (and nasty!) Whirl!

* Generations Eject and Ramhorn, Rewind and Sunder.

* Platinum Ultra Magnus
Attachments
DSC02862.JPG
Ruination!
sandstorm.jpg
focGrimlock.jpg
springer.jpg
blaster.jpg
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Galleries of 2013's Finest

Postby perceptor » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 pm

So, among all these seriously outstanding toys in the 2013 Generations line, which is your favorite?

...You're going to think me crazy, but you know which one I really enjoyed the most?
Blaster! I would call this one of my favorite toys of the year. I just totally loved it, and all the super cool data disk companions. I love how he's bigger, making him look to scale vs. the deluxe FoC soundwave, or FoC deluxe Jazz. The discs are all phenomenal. I totally dig how Hasbro colored his head reminds me of the old G1 Marvel comics covers... Looks great in each mode, fun to transform. SO happy that Hasbro retooled both is head and chestplate to make this the definitive Cybertron-mode Blaster... Call me crazy, but this toy came as one of the biggest most pleasant surprises of the year for me, and remains one of my favorites.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby buccinator » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:42 pm

There are some mighty fine toys in this mix of last yrs Generations line. Y'know what toy(s) really impressed me; is what Hasbro did w/ Springer/Sandstorm. The way they retooled it just enough to make it seem like completely different figures. Basically the same figure made to hav different transformation... Like how different Springers copter mode was from Sandstorm. And each looks SO dang good in each of their 6 modes... Nothing but love for these two.
Carpe Diem
buccinator

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Srpinger is hands down the absolute greatest thing Hasbro has made in a long time (discounting Masterpieces, that is).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby BumblebeeDOTM » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Awesome galleries. Unfortunately, out of all the figures released last year, I only have two: Predacons Rising Ultimate Beast Fire Predaking; and Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Soundwave w/Laserbeak.
Even though Predaking is a great character and he looks great in both modes, the beast mode suffers from the gimmick, and the crossbow weapons won't stay in his hands. I don't too much mind the simple transformation, though, and he poses well. He scales in very well with my Dark of the Moon figures.
Soundwave looks awesome in both modes, has a fun transformation, and even a third mode: a boombox-looking thing. I love how Laserbeak is able to fold up and into Soundwave's chest, and is fantastic all around. Out of the two, Soundwave is my definite favorite.
I still would like to get Beast Hunters Voyager Class Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime, Generations Titan Class Metroplex, Generations Voyager Springer and Blitzwing, Generations Deluxe Trailcutter, Starscream, and Thundercracker, and Soundwave's Legends Class minions, though.
BumblebeeDOTM

Postby Autobot Jazz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:35 pm

I like Ultra Magnus and Grimlock. Those two are my favorites from 2013.
Any species that can come up with a sweet ride like this can't be all bad.
Autobot Jazz

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Srpinger is hands down the absolute greatest thing Hasbro has made in a long time (discounting Masterpieces, that is).

What about sandstorm? He takes everything that makes Springer great then kicks it to eleven
ironrod prime

Postby Black Starscream » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Some of my definate faves were FOC Soundblaster and Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus. Magnus especially was one of the best handled retools I've seen. The wreckers, especially Whirl were well done.
Black Starscream

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:49 am

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Srpinger is hands down the absolute greatest thing Hasbro has made in a long time (discounting Masterpieces, that is).

What about sandstorm? He takes everything that makes Springer great then kicks it to eleven
He's a bit more bulky than good, with his extra parts making him kinda top-heavy and limiting the range of motion his shoulders can reach (even with the wheels folded as far back as they can go).

And his gun isn't as cool as Springer's. :P

Granted, he's still a great Grade A figure, but Springer's a smidge greater at A+.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News