Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 9 - "Rumble in the Jungle"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 9 - "Rumble in the Jungle"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 16, 2015 11:04 am

The ninth episode of the 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise cartoon has aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. Titled "Rumble in the Jungle", this episode sees Strongarm sent on her very first solo mission to pursuit the latest Decepticon signal in a jungle, only for an over-protective Bumblebee to tag along, much to her chagrin. Meanwhile, Fixit and Denny find themselves locked in a disagreement that leads to a full on rivalry between the two. Can both teams of Autobots overcome their personal differences for one team to apprehend the deranged Decepticon and for the other team to restore peace between their teammates? Let's find out.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 9 - "Rumble in the Jungl

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 16, 2015 11:06 am

My comments:
Episode 9 -

Strongarm's on her first solo mission.

Bumblebee followed her.

Much to Fixit's chagrin, Denny's been interested in tinkering with Cybertronian tech.

Though Bee, promised to let Strongarm handle this mission alone, he can't help but feel responsible for her (since it's his fault she and the others got on Earth in the first place) and says that he's coming along to at least observe her mission.

Fixit and Denny butt heads over Denny wanting to fiddle with a Cybertronian gizmo, which winds up blowing up in their faces.

Strongarm and Bumblebee have found their perp: Springload, who believes himself to have been judged by the Ancients as worthy of finding the lost city of Doradas, wherein lies a treasure.

Springload is an Amphiboid. He's a relic hunter and, according to Fixit, "bonkers". He's obsessed with finding the lost city of Doradas, a fabled Cybertronian land and home to the Fountain of Energon granting eternal power and energy to whomever finds it.

Much to Strongarm's chagrin, Bee orders that the rest of team be sent to help in this mission. However, once Bee steps away, Strongarm secretly calls Fixit to tell him that the mission is already done and there's no need to send everyone to help anymore, using the time zone difference as an excuse for the mission's completion happening so fast.

Fixit and Denny fight over the Decepticon Hunter, and then Fixit decides that he's going to reorganize the entire scrapyard based on Cybertronian principles of design.

Russell's had enough of his dad and Fixit squabbling and tries to get them both to quit, but winds up making them both each fix what the other messed up.

Springload's armor is coated in acid as a built in defense mechanism.

Strongarm owns up to Bee about her secret call to Fixit to keep the others from coming to help.

Fixit reworked Denny's TV to contain mugshots of all the Alchemor's prisoners.

Russell, Grimlock, and Sideswipe bring the Decepticon Hunter to Denny and Fixit, as it keeps making noise. Fixit states that he can't fix the Decepticon Hunter by himself since it's too complicated for one person to do, and so needs Denny's help.

Springload thinks Bumblebee and Strongarm are ghosts, since he thought they were buried alive earlier.

The Decepticon Hunter was making noise because a kazoo was lodged inside it. Denny and Fixit realize they've been had, and the others explain that they had to trick the two of them to get them to stop arguing and work together. And it worked.

Strongarm tricks Springload into thinking that the spirits of Doradas have decreed Springload to be unworthy of the treasure, giving Bee the chance to trap him inside a stone container.

Strongarm impressed Bee with her willingness to let go of her pride and ask for help.

John Steven Rocha -- Springload

This was just an okay episode. Nothing too great, but somewhat passable. Just a simple "learn to work together instead of doing things alone" episode. It's not a bad message, but considering how much stronger the writing of this show has been before, this one could have stood to be stronger too. However, Springload was fun. An eccentric relic hunter who isn't quite all there in the head, the guy mistook Latin American statues and temple marking for spirits and guardians, and viewed himself as a divine Chosen One. If he appears again, I can't wait to see how he'd take to learning that he isn't on Cybertron anymore. And we got to learn some more of Cybertronian mythology with the Doradas fable, which is always welcome.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News