Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 10 - "Can You Dig It?"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 10 - "Can You Dig It?"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 23, 2015 1:17 pm

The tenth episode of the 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise cartoon has aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. Titled "Can You Dig It?", this episode has Bumblebee's team welcoming a veteran Autobot arrival from Cybertron who has come seeking them after the incident with the Space Bridge back in the episode 1. However, the warming welcome is short-lived with the presence of the latest Decepticon fugitive on the loose, out to steal a precious commodity from the Autobots. What does this Decepticon want and can the Autobots (along with their special guest) stop him? Let's find out.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 10 - "Can You Dig It?"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 23, 2015 1:17 pm

My comments:
Episode 10 -

An energon cube in a construction site?!!

Something grabbed it from underground.

The Autobots (or at least Grimlock, Strongarm, and Fixit) don't understand the concepts of motorcycle racing and kissing.

Sideswipe's found an intruder.

The intruder is Jazz, and he and Bee know each other!

Sideswipe doesn't know Jazz, nor Jazz Sideswipe, so I'm thinking Sideswipe's just a new-named bot born from the Well after Prime revitalized it.

Jazz was sent by "the big bots on Cybertron" to check out a distress call from the Alchemor.

Bee says that the city on Cybertron he was in before coming to Earth was Kaon City. I guess the place got real cleaned up for the better after Megatron disbanded the Decepticon faction.

Okay, so Sideswipe has at least heard of Jazz ("the Jazz!"), but still doesn't know him personally.

Jazz speaks of a Council on Cybertron. Really hoping this new one is much better improvement over the snooty old one.

Hello, Ped!

The manifest describes Ped as a petty crook who burrows underground with his claws, and whose mandibles can deliver a temporary paralyzing sting.

Ped almost got Russell! But, that was a distraction. He really wanted the Autobots' energon cubes, and got away with some.

Bee's "Roll Out" fail of the day: "Autobots, let's bug out!"

I am loving this banter between Jazz and Sideswipe.

Wow... It's MANDARK! Ped is voiced by Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory!

Ped thinks himself better than everyone and wants to be the new boss bot in town.

Back on Cybertron, Ped was bullied and called a "lousy bot worm", but here on Earth, he's gonna make himself the bot that Cons come to for when they want energon.

Jazz tricked Ped into telling him his plans by letting Ped think that Jazz was willing to betray Sideswipe into becoming Ped's second-in-command.

A trap's been set at the scrapyard for Ped. A large stack of both real and fake energon cubes hides a stasis chamber inside it.

Ped's a lot smarter than the Autobots think. He goes after the ground beneath the Autobots instead of the cubes.

Sideswipe (long after having gotten out of the pit) forces Ped into the stasis chamber with a slew of insults that trick Ped into going toward the chamber.

Jazz jumps in to help beat the living snot out of Ped!

Ped's sealed and secured.

Jazz says he'll clean up Bee's mess from the first episode with Council once he gets back to Cybertron.

Ha. Grimlock's still stuck in the pit. :lol:

Khary Payton -- Operator
Eddie Deezen -- Ped
Arif S. Kinchen -- Jazz
Kristy Wu -- Woman's voice

Oh, this was a good one. Jazz was wonderful and Ped being a complete dweeb for someone so lethal was a delightful surprise. They could have gone route of making him the most monstrous creature to ever crawl from out of the earth, and instead made him terrifying on the outside, and dorky on the inside. His backstory also serves as a good cautionary message for bullies and those who get bullied. People can get really messed up if they're constantly picked on and never get any help to cope with their troubles, and Ped is a fine example of a bully victim gone mad. Meanwhile, Sideswipe got to see what a real mature cool guy is like and learned that even cool guys can get by playing by the rules and not being 100% rebellious all the time. Jazz is a great role model for him to look up to and take after, and hopefully we get to see more of him in episodes to come.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News