Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Rescue Bots episode 74 - "Endangered Species"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Rescue Bots episode 74 - "Endangered Species"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 23, 2015 1:31 pm

The 74th episode of Transformers: Rescue Bots has aired on Discovery Family. Titled "Endangered Species", a species of woodpecker thought to have been extinct is rediscovered in Griffin Rock, and the Bots must go to great lengths to protect them from mobs of tourists. This brings about a sense of irony and moral dilemma since the Bots' mission is to protect the humans of Earth, yet it is the humans of Earth who pose the threat this time. Plus, Boulder's undercover status is once more put in jeopardy when the public demands the identity of one responsible for this scientific and historic find. Can the Bots overcome the chaos that human obsession and curiosity has set upon them? Lets find out.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Rescue Bots episode 74 - "Endangered Species"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Episode 74

Boulder can take pictures with his eyes.

Boulder, Cody, Frankie, and a disgruntled Kade are bird watching in Blossom Vale. Kade's reluctantly filling in for Graham as Boulder's driver since Graham was too busy. The trip was Chief's idea.

Boulder mentions that Cybertron had nothing like Earth birds. Guess he either didn't know about the bird-like Cybertronians like Laserbeak, or simply considers Earth birds different enough.

Full theme song.

"Power Up and Energize!" - Boulder uses a dual-barreled water cannon to spray some brown liquid to stop the branch Cody and Frankie are falling on from hitting some baby birds, as well as to help lower their fall so Boulder can catch them.

On the trip, Boulder says he spotted 27 of the island's known bird species. But he can't recognize the woodpeckers he saw and can't find an entry on them in his book.

Doc discovers that the woodpeckers are a species thought to have been extinct, the golden-crested woodpeckers, which Dani states that these ones are the first ones seen in 40 years.

Doc insists that no one must find out about the birds until he can contact the proper authorities, and that they must be protected as an endangered species. The last thing they need are a bunch of tourists traveling through their habitat.

When Boulder brings up the notion of creatures who need protection from humans (as their mission is to protect humans), Chase points out the irony and moral dilemma in that notion.

Heatwave is the only Bot unwilling to protect the birds, as it's too off-mission for him.

Blades's advice to the baby birds trying to learn how to fly: "Just do what I did the first time. Close your eyes and scream." :lol:

The Bots do their best to guard the birds while Heatwave and Kade have to handle all of the city emergencies by themselves.

Mayor Luskey overhears Kade talking about the endangered birds (into his comm to his dad) and orders him to come clean.

The Mayor goes behind Kade's back and calls a press conference about the rediscovery of the golden-crested woodpeckers. He lets word slip to Huxley that the Burns family might know who made the discovery, and Huxley calls Cody. Huxley is determined to find out who found the birds, so now the Bots' undercover status is once again put in jeopardy.

Boulder's going to talk to Huxley using a voice changer and Cody says that the person demands to remain anonymous.

The voice changer winds up giving Boulder a cute little girl's voice. :lol:

And then it switches to a deep scary voice. :lol:

Boulder shuts off the voice changer and speaks with his real voice, which is okay since Huxley's only ever heard him speak as a robot.

Boulder failed to convince everyone to leave the bird alone.

Kade is confronted by the mayor and Huxley, and to cover up for Boulder, he claims to be the one who found the birds (not as a means to take the credit, but legitimately to keep Boulder's identity safe).

Kade is forced to give away to birds' location, much to the disappointment of his family watching him on TV at home.

The mayor abruptly announces his decision to build what he calls the Woodpecker Wonderland Luxury Campgrounds in (coincidentally) Blossom Vale.

The Burnses arrive ahead the tourist crowd to close up Blossom Vale, but the mayor soon gets a court order to open it back up for unlimited camping immediately.

As the tourists set up their campsites, sparks from Mr. Hunter's campfire drift to his firewood pile and start a fire that spreads to engulf the entire surrounding area.

I just noticed that Chase's cockpit has a backseat even in robot mode (Frankie's seated behind Chief).

In the aftermath of the fire, the woodpeckers are gone.

As in DEAD.

They state that they couldn't save the woodpeckers, and Chase refers to the incident as "the RE-EXTINCTION of a species".

No, wait, the team just thinks the birds are dead. Doc, however, confirms that he had leg-tagged the birds with tracers earlier that day. His computer tablet shows that the birds flew away to the next valley when they saw the fire. They're all okay, babies included.

Doc also thinks that they'll eventually return to their home in Blossom Vale since they're so territorial.

Cody asks if there might be some form of a balance to be found with the woodpeckers. A way for them to be safe while people can still see them. This give Doc an idea.

The mayor opens up the Luskey Bird Sanctuary, a haven for endangered birds. Only a few people at a time will be admitted so as not to disturb the birds. And webcams set up around the place will allow people from around the world to observe the woodpeckers as they rebuild their population.

Diamond White -- Little Girl Voice
Jeff Bennett -- Birdwatcher
Steve Blum -- Darth Vader Voice (yes, that is seriously what it is credited as!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parvesh Cheena -- Camper

Well, this episode was certainly not a bad one. Far from it. IT was just a simple... "cute" episode, with an animal activism message. It's fine for a show like this to have a message about endangered species every once in a while, but as a concept, it's not something that hasn't been done before. Luckily, there was enough humor and character focus to make this one entertaining, like with the voice changer malfunctions, or with Boulder and Huxley actually getting to speak with each other for the first time ever. Though, we literally had the whole "Bots' undercover status put at risk" threat just last episode, so to see it brought back up again so soon kinda felt like they were treading old waters. We need some new investment to keep us intrigued here, or it's gonna feel like they're running out of ideas. Both Morocco and Quarry have been beaten, so that only leave Madeline Pynch to deal with, and she is still out there. Whatever "ultimate sacrifice" the Bots are gonna make in the finale, it better be worth it.

Sorry if I sound like I went off topic there, but this show has done so much before now that episodes like this one, while nice, just pale in comparison to the many better ones. This show capable of so much more, and I really want it to keep being good. If not more intense then at least more funny would be fine.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News