Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Rescue Bots episode 75 - "More than Meets the Eye"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Rescue Bots episode 75 - "More than Meets the Eye"

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:21 am

The 75th episode of Transformers: Rescue Bots has aired on Discovery Family. Titled "More than Meets the Eye", Griffin Rock is paid a visit by Doc Greene's sister, who works as a magician. However, during her visit, Chase is in an injured state and sets about to uncover mysterious occurrences happening in the meantime. This raises numerous questions like how and why Chase is injured, what lead to Doc's magician sister coming visit, what of mysterious activity is afoot, and if any of it is connected to Doc's sister (or not, who knows?). Only one way to find out. Let's watch and see.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Rescue Bots episode 75 - "More than Meets the Eye"

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:46 am

Episode 75 -

Doc's sister/Frankie's aunt is Maura the Magnificent.

The Bots are uncomfortable watching the magic act with the stabbing a basket with swords while the assistant is inside it.

Chase was late to arrive due to filing a report.

Chase interferes with the act, but the assistant inside the basket had already gotten out, and Maura improvised like a natural to work Chase's interruption into her act.

Chase crashed through a trap door on the stage.

Short theme song.

Chase's incident with the trap door is what causes his leg injury.

Doc's made some illusions for his sister's acts in the past, and she's come this time to pick up the latest one he's built for her.

To Doc, "Magic is just science dressed up, and science no more than magic explained."

Chase exclaims "Nuts and bolts."

Blades appears to be the team's medical expert. His diagnosis of Chase's injury is that Chase will either have to go into healing stasis for a few days or stay off his feet for a week. Chase chooses the latter, and Cody offers to let Chase do Cody's job of watching the command center.

Since the commander center is built for humans, Chase will instead use the monitors in the underground Autobot base next to the bunker. He's also in a giant Autobot-sized wheelchair, and Chief will ride with Dani and Blades in Chase's absence.

A truck trailer is complete stuck under an overpass. Clearly the truck was delivering said overpass and ran out of gas.[/BillEngvallHere'sYourSign] :P

Maura insists on staying at her motel instead of Doc's lab, especially since she couldn't bring her tiger Blizzard.

Chase reports the Mayor's wife panicking over what he assumes to be her husband missing, when it's really just Poopsie (who was just out of sight around the corner from her) she was overreacting about.

Ha! Heatwave transformed while Kade was leaning against him, causing Kade to gasp and stumble.

Chase witnesses Maura's assistant suspiciously entering Maura's motel room and activating some fireworks-based magic tricks from inside the building, starting a fire.

The team puts out the fire and saves Blizzard, but the assistant is nowhere to be found.

The devices Doc made for Maura's grand finale are gone.

Frankie's great-grandmother Loraine/Lorraine/however her name is spelled was also a magician. She had planned to go over Griffin Falls in one of her magic barrels, but left magic behind to raise a family.

One barrel is to show the crowd, while the is air-pressurized, like riding on a cushion of air.

Maura wants to do the Griffin Falls barrel trick that her grandmother didn't get to do, but even despite her assuring Doc that she can do it, Doc is against the idea since it's still to dangerous to try,

Maura is the elder sibling between her and Doc.

Chase reports that three stores were robbed, but with no visible suspects despite the cash having been taken in broad daylight.

All three stores claim to have been robbed by an invisible thief.

Chase calls Frankie so that she can spy on Maura's assistant.

The assistant returns to the motel room. As Frankie enters, she accidently knocks off her comm link.

Frankie's trapped in the room with Blizzard.

The teams gets her out... only to find that she's befriended Blizzard.

The team's trust is Chase is wearing ever thin now that they've learned that Chase put Frankie up to this. However, Doc reveals that Chase's suspicions about the assistant aren't so unfounded since the tricks that were made by Doc for Maura's act were a set of invisibility cloaks (well, ponchos, really) and that the assistant was the only other person besides Doc and Maura that knew about them.

Two more places have been robbed by the invisible thief. All five robbed locations form a circle around the bank.

The team sets a trap at the bank with a trip wire and a hologram to catch the thief. Or thieves, as there are two of them.

Two assistants! Graham explains that it's a classic magician strategy to hire twins for a vanishing act.

And these aren't just any twins. Dani exposes them to be none other than longtime Griffin Rock criminals Evan and Myles.

Even and Myles had used Maura's air-pressurized barrel to stash their cash in, so the barrel Maura has is the ordinary one!

In the absence of her assistants, two other Griffin Rock residents (whose names escape me at the moment) help Maura with her act.

Blades and Dani are on their way to the falls, but it's gonna take the rest of the team some time to get there. Chase risks his condition to hurry to the falls himself since he's closer.

Blades manages to catch Maura's barrel just as it falls over the falls.

But Maura isn't in it! She got out at some point.

But then she falls over the falls for real!

Phew! Chase caught her. She could have been dead for real that time!

Maura was able to do the trick without her grandmother's barrel by instead using an upgraded and improved barrel based on the original one's design.

Chase is about ready to get back into the field.

Cree Summer -- Maura the Magnificent

Okay! Now we're talking. After the last two weeks giving us simpler episodes, this episode returns us to the kind of over-the-top, daredevilish, death-defying fun blended together with small town heartwarming tenderness that this show is known and loved for. Let's start with the obvious high point of Maura the Magnificent. Cree Summer nailed it as this character being wonderfully entertaining and giving us a look into some of the history of the Greene family. Chase too was a highlight of this episode, inadvertently slotting into a "boy who cried wolf" role that suited his overzealous adherence to safety protocols quite well. It's rare that we get to see this much conflict with this team, especially between the likes of Chief and Chase since those tend to always get along so well. I'm reminded of how episode 1 established those two as the only Autobot/human partnership that had no problems getting along, and yet this episode depicts Chief constantly annoyed by Chase's zeal to help out, especially when said zeal goes far enough to put Frankie in danger. It really helps bring out the humanity in this show's already dynamic cast of characters. So this episode was a real winner.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News